iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fuel Bowl/Water Separator Froze and Busted, My Fault!

Started by Chris Burchfield, March 20, 2011, 09:02:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Burchfield

Yea, I didn't, dump water collected and it froze and busted.  This is on my 51HP Cat for the mill.  I called WM and replacement of the whole thing is $133.  "NOT!"  I went online and found what looks to be the same thing for Yanmar and John Deere Tractors.  They are selling the bowl for 10 - 13 $$$$'s.  WM does not sell just the bowl.  They do sell just the mesh screen that goes inside it.  Does anyone know where I could get just a bowl?
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

sgschwend

I believe that is a Perkins engine.  I have found ordering parts from Perkins to work well.
Steve Gschwend

sjgschwend@gmail.com

Chris Burchfield

It is a Perkins, repainted with a Cat. Logo and numbers.  I spoke to a Perkins repair shop Friday.  He said they do stock some of the biggest movers.  I just don't know if mine will be one.

LAZERDAN

Did you try E- Bay  I've just spent an hour looking at all kinds.    Even if you don't have an account, some  of them will ship on credit card     FYI               Lazerdan

MartyParsons

"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

bandmiller2

Chris,the NAPA auto parts chain has a  farm and a catalog of hard to find parts I am sure they could order one for you,helps if you have the measurements. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Chris Burchfield

I had no luck @ NAPA.  I did find what looked to be identical for John Deere 650 & 750 tractors.  Picked one up @ John Deere for $13.13.  It's an exact match.  Shared the info with Woodmizer while ordering other parts.

Wintergreen Mountain

Reply with the engine Serial number and Arrangment, or AR # and i'll try to look it up. Leon
1920 Ford 4x4 tractor, forks & bucket. 2010 36" Turner Mills band mill. Cat-Claw blade sharpener. Cat-Claw Dual Tooth Setter. Cat D3 crawler dozer. Cat 215c excavator, Ford L9000 dump truck. Gardner Denver 190 portable air compressor. KatoLight 40Kw trailer mounted gen set. Baker M412 4-head planer.

Tom

I found some of those J. Deere and "other" sediment bowls "systems".  ::)   Holy Smoke!  How do they justify $200 to $900 dollars for a sediment bowl?  That's robbery!

What ever happened to the old glass sediment bowl? $10 is plenty for one of them.  I got mine at NAPA.

I did find an outfit that sells replacement parts.   It looks like you have already done pretty good.  I still couldn't sleep at night, charging these prices for parts.  At least they are less than $100

Chris Burchfield

Tom, I had also checked Tractor Supply Company.  They were all like the one you linked to being a top feed, side discharge and side needle on and off.  My arrangement was somewhat inline with a 180° up/down, off/on. 

Tom

For $800 I would have been tempted to mount a $15 briggs and stratton sediment bowl on there with a couple of lengths of flexible rubber fuel hose.  :D :D

Wintergreen Mountain

Chris;

Go to the local Caterpillar Dealer an ask to see part number 067-6987( kit element) $6.38. I think this
  is the filter and bowel.
  If not, the bowel will surlly be in the complete assembly listed next.

part number 033-7854 (comlete filter assm.) $40.57.

Leon
1920 Ford 4x4 tractor, forks & bucket. 2010 36" Turner Mills band mill. Cat-Claw blade sharpener. Cat-Claw Dual Tooth Setter. Cat D3 crawler dozer. Cat 215c excavator, Ford L9000 dump truck. Gardner Denver 190 portable air compressor. KatoLight 40Kw trailer mounted gen set. Baker M412 4-head planer.

Wintergreen Mountain

chris;

If this is the filter assem. you have, than the the part numbers I listed in my last post are correct.

Leon

beenthere

Interesting.
Here is what jdparts shows for the Deere 650. I'd be thinking it is plastic, but may be glass. #9 is the element.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Larry

beenthere, that looks exactly like the assembly on my Ford 1720.  I broke the fuel shutoff and had to buy the whole thing.  It was less than $20 and included filter.  The filter by itself is just a couple of dollars cheaper.  Had the parts man scratching his head. :o
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Chris Burchfield

Wintergreen Mountain, the secondary my be what your showing.  The one I was after was the bowl part #11 in beenthere's posting.  Just the bowl was an exact match.  The rest of the assembly in beenthere's posting is not like mine.

LAZERDAN

I also found it here   using the PN   maybe for next time..                                                                                        http://www.tractorpartmart.com/us/index.html

Thank You Sponsors!