iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Augusta Area

Started by Radar67, March 08, 2010, 12:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radar67

Anybody around Augusta Georgia? I'm here for a week.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

fishpharmer

You could play golf ;)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Radar67

I could, but left my clubs at home, brought my camera though. I'll be making a trip down to St. Stevens church and the river walk one evening.

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

pineywoods

Quote from: Radar67 on March 08, 2010, 12:16:46 PM
Anybody around Augusta Georgia? I'm here for a week.

Ft Gordon still in operation?? I'm a grad of the signal school, waaaayyyy back when.. ;D
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Radar67

Yeah Piney, the signal school is still here, along with a premiere hospital. The majority of my schools are over here since I am regimentally affiliated with the Signal Corps. Did they have the Signal Towers here when you came through? It's an odd feeling to be awakened by troops calling cadence way too early in the morning after all these years.

Ga. bow-man

I'm here call me in Am at Sandich city rest. or come by . It's one block off main st.
Broad st. downtown Augusta. !0th and Ellis St. I'll be there from 7:30 till 9am
Tuesday morning. we will be sawing and logging this week.

Ga bow-man
son Tripp

Radar67

That sounds interesting Bow=man, but I'm tied up each morning with classes. I'm available after 4 or so every evening.

Ga. bow-man

Email me it's on my profile and i'll send you my phone # . Or call me
in Am at Sandwich city. Our mill and farm is 10 miles from Grovetown Ga.
that's just outside gate 2 or 3 ? at Fort Gordon. hope to hear from
you.
Ga bow-man

DanG

There's a Hooters on Washington Road. ;D :D   Getting up with Ga. Bow-man might be more to your liking though.  Another thing you might do is scoot across the State line to Aiken.  Locate Whiskey Rd and go south a few blocks.  You will find a bunch of old brick walls along the road.  Just wander the back streets in that area and you will find the most magnificent old mansions and horse racing facilities you can imagine.  These are relics from the "Roaring Twenties."  Most of the homes have walls around them, but the gates offer some great photo ops.  If you're lucky, you might run across some harness racing or a polo match.  Just something a little different. ;)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Radar67

Thanks for the suggestion Dan. I was planning to try to make it over to Columbia one evening just to break up the boredom of the hotel room.

pineywoods

Radar, I don't recall the signal towers. Two things I do remember. 1. Walking guard duty on the airstrip, 2 am in January, drizzling rain, 33 degrees, howling north wind. Coldest I have ever been.  2.. The military police school was there. Need I mention that rookie MPs can be a royal pain in the behind.
I probably wouldn't recognize the place. Shipped out Jan 56 to Germany.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

wwsjr

Attended several conferences in the towers. What I remember most is the cupital tunnel syndrome surgery I had done at the hospital when I was stationed at Ft Mc in Atlanta. Gordon was our support hospital.

My daughter lived there when I was stationed at Ft Mc, went to Masters practice rounds, beautiful golf course. There also was a restaurant I think is still open called the Green Jacket, great prime rib.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

Radar67

I sure hate when my plans get canceled because of cold and flu. This has been a tough week and I have accomplished nothing, other than going to class each day. Some body come shoot me.  :(

Don K

You sick with the crud?

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Radar67

Yeah,  I got the crud pretty bad, think it may be bronchitis or walking pneumonia. I have two tests this afternoon, then I am going to bed until they run me out of the room tomorrow. I am so not looking forward to my 8 hour drive.

Magicman

I hope that you didn't send me any germs with your PM..... :)

Oh well, I'm out of here and going over to the tree farm.  Cut/split a little firewood and turkeys tomorrow AM.... ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!