iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

No hyd pressure on LT 70 HDDRX

Started by justice, July 27, 2009, 08:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justice

Mill has been sitting for a little while.  Engine started up and everything is working fine except for the hyd. 
Both motors will run, but have no pressure?
any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Justice

LeeB

Got fluid? Might have leaked out if it has been sitting a long time.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

woodmills1

sparks told me the 70's lose some wires in the electrical box.... I check every day for looseness.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Bibbyman

Sounds odd that both pumps would be out at the same time.  Is there a gage? 

If the pumps are pumping, maybe it's in the valves?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

MartyParsons

The LT70 has a bypass valve right behind the pressure gauge. This valve may not be opening or has a piece of dirt in the valve. You could also have one of the valves sticking. The hydraulic valves are electric over hydraulic, each valve has a led light on each stem. ( This is only on the RX LT70's not the walk version) .
If you have very slow hydraulics then one valve is sticking on a function. If you have no hydraulics then the bypass valve is not working or stuck. These are very easy to clean if there is a sticking issue. Just remove the electric solenoid and screw out the stem valve. There are o rings on the bottom look through the holes for the dirt.
You should also check and make sure the led light is working on the bypass valve every time the hydraulic is operated.
The dirt is usually a small piece of metal not removed when it was drilled.
Hope this helps.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

backwoods sawyer

Quote from: Bibbyman on July 27, 2009, 09:42:42 PM
Sounds odd that both pumps would be out at the same time.  Is there a gage? 

If the pumps are pumping, maybe it's in the valves?

Both pumps are hooked in series. You fill one and it fills both.

A leaky cylinder caught up to me the other day while I was 100 miles from the shop. I drained the fluid from the debarker hydraulics and was back in business.
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

justice

Got it fixed.  Took the bypass valve out, cleaned it out (by knocking it against a board).  Now the hyds. work.  Thanks guys.   8)

Bibbyman

I just fixed (I hope) a similar problem with an electric valves on our log deck.  Sometimes it would stick.  The Baker technician told me to remove the valve body and blow it out with compressed air. 

It wasn't hard or complicated.  Except my continuing education cost me about $5.00 worth of oil!   I removed one of the two valves without incident but when I cracked the second valve and started to screw it out,  oil started shooting out.   I had forgotten the loading arms were up.  Whatever oil was in the cylinder shot out on the ground – except for what went on the toe of my boot and all over my right hand as I tried to get the valve body back in.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Thank You Sponsors!