iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

time to start the diet Dang!

Started by semologger, December 25, 2012, 05:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

semologger

This is what the wife wants for christmas. Man i hope her christmas wish dont last to long i hate dieting. But i will need to get rid of some of this holiday weight ive been putting on since last year christmas. lol

Busy Beaver Lumber

I feel your pain. After quitting smoking, I shot up 25 pounds to 315 lbs. I was in terrible pain and could hardly move. My weight had just reached the proverbial straw that broke the camels back. I had to do something. The wife also needed to loose weight as well by Dr. orders.

Out of desperation, We even considered getting gastric sleeve surgery, that is how desperate we were.

But then a fellow that I work with suggested a dietician/nutritionist he worked with and who helped him loose 80 pounds.

We both went to see her on November 8th and to say the least, it was eye opening. We had no idea what a incorrect idea we had of how to eat healthy. She did an excellent job of setting us straight and educating us real fast.

We now eat more than we ever ate and never feel starved or hungry, we just eat the right food, and I dont mean eating like a darn rabbit. We even go out to eat, but go to very diet friendly places like Ruby Tuesday that has about 10 very tasty and filling meals for less than 700 calories.

Net result, since November 8th, wife is down 31 pounds and I am down 28.5 pounds.

I am here as a support for you if you need a diet buddy. I still want to loose another 80 pounds, so obviously I have a way to go, but it is working and I never feel hungry which is a very new experience for me.

Fred
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

thecfarm

semologger,I just want to wish you luck.   ;D   Maybe you and Busy Beaver can get together.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

JohnM

There is a documentary called 'Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead', if you haven't seen it it's worth the watch.  So far I've only watched it not followed its direction. :( :-[

Good luck, Semo and congrats and keep going BBL! 8)

JM
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

martyinmi

Good luck guys(and gal). I started eating only enough for one person the day after Thanksgiving and I've dropped 12 or 15 lbs. I had my knee scoped the day before Thanksgiving and the hospital scales said I weighed a bit over 230. :embarassed:

I'd like to be around 200 lbs by the pig roast. digin_2

My goofy doctor would like to see me at 180 lbs. At 6' and over 50 years old, I've convinced myself that his goal for me is a bit unrealistic. ;)

No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

semologger

Wow busy b your doing great. The wife is wanting to try the weight watchers deal online so we can track everything. Well I will try I guess. I asked how many points is a 12 pack of beer first thing. I need to slack off anyways a bit the other day I drank 16. That's enough calories for 2 days . I knowi will feal a lot better. I would like to be able to get in that speedo for the pool this summer. ;D Like that would ever happen. I would get kicked out of my own pool for the rest of the season. Be funny though.

Busy Beaver Lumber

semologger

The couple big changes we made was to become more aware of what a "Normal Portion" of any food actually is, as opposed to what we would like to think it is.

Likewise, we have taken to eating a lot more vegetables and some fruit. I don't know why I was never a big veggie eater, but I have come to realize that I like certain ones a lot more than what I ever thought I would.

Steamed Broccoli or cauliflower, snow peas and brussel sprouts have definitely made their way onto my plate, displacing the previous favorites of potatos and corn.

Last thought of the day, it is amazing how a simple change in how something is cooked can change it from a good food for a dieter to a terrible food. Two examples. Take a nice chicken breast and cook it on the grill with no bbq sauce and you are looking at a few hundred calories at most. Take that same chicken breast, or for that matter, a hand full of chicken wings, add the bbq sauce and you are looking at as much as 800 calories. Take a nice piece of Talapia or white fish and bake it an you are less than 300 calories, but dip it in egg and add bread crumbs and some parmesan cheese and you just took it to over 600 calories.

Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Raider Bill

I just got sent this link about clogged arteries. Not for the squeamish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUgKekv57hI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

GF bought me a digital bathroom scale for Christmas* not sure why because I had a good one that I liked. New one seems to be broke has me at 256 which can't be right.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Thank you Dr. R. Bill for sharing this. I WAS planning on having a Cheeseburger for lunch......but you fixed that.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Raider Bill

My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Raider Bill on December 28, 2012, 09:42:03 AM
Another satisfied patient ;D
:D :D :D

True story.......My family is from Shelby, N.C. There was a man my Dad knew in Shelby who ran a big farm of cotton and cattle.
The man was short, fat, smoked cigars and loved his liquor. He ate Pork, Fat Back, and Beef all his life. He lived to be 101 years old.
Now when my Dad said this man loved his Liquor......he was like Otis from Mayberry. My Dad is not a Doctor, but in his opinion and others, they swear up and down the hard drinking of alcohol was what ate the fat from his arteries and let him live so long. Who knows?  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

I know of a few like that. They are pickled.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

RB, that is a wonderful video that should be mandatory watching for anyone that is hesitating to loose those extra ###'s.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

martyinmi

Quote from: Raider Bill on December 28, 2012, 08:52:13 AM

GF bought me a digital bathroom scale for Christmas* not sure why because I had a good one that I liked. New one seems to be broke has me at 256 which can't be right.

From what I've read "they" used to use a lot of lead based inks many years ago for tattoo ink. You probably only weigh 200 and the old school ink is responsible for the extra 56. ;)

Hope this helps! Us Pig Roast Attendees have to stick together! ;) :D
No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

Raider Bill

Quote from: martyinmi on December 29, 2012, 07:24:48 AM
Quote from: Raider Bill on December 28, 2012, 08:52:13 AM

From what I've read "they" used to use a lot of lead based inks many years ago for tattoo ink. You probably only weigh 200 and the old school ink is responsible for the extra 56. ;)

Hope this helps! Us Pig Roast Attendees have to stick together! ;) :D

That's the story I'm telling my cardiologist next month when he gives me crap.  :D :D

semologger

Wish I could be a pig roast attendee but with kids and wifes job. I don't think I want to drive all that way alone. That sure was a nice video. Watch it before you Go to the piggy roast.

Thank You Sponsors!