iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

;)husky 365?

Started by ranger, June 27, 2002, 11:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ranger

would like to get opinions about the 365 for use as a falling saw. mostly falling white spruce up to 32" but average tree diameter of 15" to 24" butt diameter. would rather fall with a 372 or 385 but own the 365 now with 28" bar.

Kevin

Ranger, your 365 should be fine.
A 28" bar is a bit much for that saw in order to keep the rpm up but it`s a good 15-20" tree size saw.
If you just have a few larger trees to cut you should be ok.

DanG

Kevin, I know that running too much bar will slow things down, but does it cause other problems? I used to have a 36 inch bar for my old Poulan 3400, and it was slow as Christmas, but seemed to work ok, otherwise.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Bro. Noble

ranger,

Try a 'skip'chain with your underpowered saw.  It will help you keep up your rpm's.  Use the shortest bar that you can get by with because of cost, handiness and power.  Just my experience.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Kevin

Dan, you`re causing the saw to work harder which isn`t good for it over long periods of time.

Thank You Sponsors!