iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TOY RECALL

Started by IMERC, August 01, 2007, 08:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

I remember my daughters at that age and a whole catalog of toys on the floor.
Funny thing was they had the most fun playing with pots and pans my wife put on the floor. Turns out 20 years later they are both good cooks.  :):D

IMERC

Quote from: IMERC on August 01, 2007, 08:47:47 PM
Fisher-Price to Recall Nearly 1M T

FP expanded the recall to 1.5 plus million preschool toys to include their Sesame Street and Nickelodeon characters.....

Hasbro is now on that wagon too with their Easy bake ovens and RC2's Thomas and Friends wooden railway wooden toys....

but wait...

there's gotta be more...

so said that China is getting the bad press it earned but what is not being told to us....

Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

IMERC

and more still...

http://www.freenewmexican.com/news/66008.html

and we already know about these....

NPR : List of Problem Chinese Imports Grows   

STORY

SLIDESHOW

LINK

SwampDonkey

Wind River was always a brand made in Vernon, BC. Now everything I pickup
with the label is made in China. I did buy some nice shirts the other day and they
stood up well to a good washing. But, the shirts in Walmart aren't half sowed
properly. I gotta sow up 2 shirts and replace a snap fasten with a big button
and I didn't even get to wear the pants for 1/2 a day before the fasten fell apart.
::) Now you can blame China, but I say the supervisor that represents the
Canadian or American company isn't doing a good job on quality control for
paying the labour so poorly. Lets also just remember who it is setting up shop
over there and where they bank. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

IMERC

BUT WAIT!!!!
there is still more...

these links take you in even deeper...

lots to read...

LINK
Link2
Link3

IMERC

IMERC

Today's paper talked about the frap between American manufactures and China...
This little statement got my attention...

In China's latest product safety incident, Mattel Inc. is recalling 18.2 million Chinese-made toys produced with lead paint. The world's largest toy company said its supplier, Early Light Industrial Co., hired a subcontractor for painting that violated Mattel's rules by using paint from an outside source instead of Early Light
An official of a trade group, the China National Light Industry Council, argued that responsibility for meeting foreign standards should not lie with Chinese manufacturers.
"The quality of Chinese-made toys with American brands should be the responsibility of the American brand owner, not the Chinese manufacturer," said Zhang Yanfen, secretary of the council's panel on toy standards.

Here's the link....

LINK

LINK 2

Carries-Mom

Everyone here is stumped on what to get Carrie for her birthday...I keep telling them they don't have to get her anything, but they insist....I say good luck to them because Carrie has everything she needs.  Uncle Ed and Aunt Linn bought her a car seat...Now, we have to wait until she is at least 22 lbs to use it...That shouldn't be too far away... 8) 8)

Fla._Deadheader

Heavy wooden toys, with pull strings, and NOISE MAKERS embedded.

You 3 wore us OUT with that DanG telephone noise maker pull toy  >:( >:(

IF ONLY yer Aunt and Uncle had had kids  ::) ::) ::)  I had a list of stuff to send to THEIR kids  >:( >:( >:( >:(
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Carries-Mom

We know better with that last statement....no one would put up with them long enough, much less have kids with them....It's hard to find stuff like that not made in China scrappola and not many are that talented  or have the time to make something like that...   by the way, Carrie has four teeth...the last just popped out a few days ago and now we are working on the fifth tooth.... 8) 8)

Fla._Deadheader

Give her some OREOS.  8) 8) 8)
   First, it is ridiculed;

TexasTimbers

I have not read every word on this thread but someone told me last night that one of the toy execs killed himself over all this. She said "he comttied hari kari" I says nah that's a Japanese thing not Chinese. But did anyone hear about this?
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

beenthere

He hung hanged himself, according to what I read. He was being supplied the paint from another source...Hanging is apparently common among those who find themselves in an embarassing position, such as this.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

isawlogs

I read in the paper yesterday that the MADE IN CHINA has been taken to a new height .

The workers on a bridge where taken scaffolding down from a newly finnished bridge , not a car had passed on this bridge ,  when the bridge collasped ...  :o :o  Now how does a new bridge come down like a card castle in a breeze  :-\
I have no link to this story , as I read it in a french paper .. it would have serve no one .. but I am sure a googlesearch will bring up a few pages ... :P
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Fla._Deadheader

QuoteHanging is apparently common among those who find themselves in an embarassing position, such as this.

I think this practice should be entertained all over the world.
   First, it is ridiculed;

Mooseherder

Quote from: Fla._Deadheader on August 17, 2007, 06:08:31 PM
QuoteHanging is apparently common among those who find themselves in an embarassing position, such as this.

I think this practice should be entertained all over the world.

To think, all we got is Sarbanes-Oxley to keep CEO's in line.
I think this is an honorable solution in some cultures.

Carries-Mom

I had heard something about that guy killin' himself...what was he thinking??  never mind, I just answered my own question...he obviously  WASN'T!! :o >:(

Mooseherder

Maybe he thought the were going to execute him anyways.
They executed the Head of their Food and Drug adminstration after the Pet Food fiasco about a month ago.

Fla._Deadheader

Actually, he WAS thinking. He had cost his company an enormous amount of money, AND credibility. Lost face, if you will. That's what happens when you have MORALS.

A little drastic action, but, too bad Ken Lay and the rest of the corporate thieves that busted LOTS of peoples pensions, didn't take the same action.  >:( >:(  COWARDS they are.  >:( >:(
   First, it is ridiculed;

Thank You Sponsors!