Maine

Started by Texas Ranger, August 11, 2014, 10:40:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

DanG hitchhikers

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Den Socling

Magicman

The sad thing is that the driver/passenger(s) were probably hurt and possibly killed.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Texas Ranger

Received this from a fellow FF'er.  Article said drive had minor injuries, don't know how, but fate a funny thing.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

red oaks lumber

the moose should have gotten a ride by opening the door first. :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Crow99

Moose are fine in their natural environment but near the highway they get dangerous and unpredictable.  One can be standing quietly beside the road and at the last second he will dart out in front of you. I've had several really close calls myself, day and night.. They cause much injury death and property damage each year.

Short of shooting any one seen within view of a state highway (the truly politically incorrect solution..   they're "cute", you know) I've wondered if maybe we try to bait them with 50 pound bags of grits they would swell up and explode....

Woodhauler

I hauled out of the jackman area for a couple years, moose are a hated animal among log haulers up on the 201 corrider!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Magicman

Same with hitting a horse.  The car actually goes under them and they come through the windshield.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Den Socling

When I first glanced at that this morning, I thought it was fake. Wouldn't there be an awful mess of blood?

beenthere

If you look at all the pics on the net, there was plenty.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

sprucebunny

I've hit one. We all escaped but I'm betting the moose wasn't doing well.

I was going under the speed limit at 4-5AM. They both ran off the road and I took my foot off the brake and then they ran back into the road. I aimed between them and one got a bad, bad headache. Not fun.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Woodhauler

Quote from: Den Socling on August 11, 2014, 03:36:40 PM
When I first glanced at that this morning, I thought it was fake. Wouldn't there be an awful mess of blood?
No fake there!!! They hauled the car to greenville with the moose in it!!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

DanG

I saw the other pics, and there was plenty of blood & guts.  What struck me funny was the name on the side of the towtruck...Moosehead Towing!   :D :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Thank You Sponsors!