iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky 562XP replacement bar?

Started by MNBobcat, January 31, 2014, 08:39:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MNBobcat

Hi Guys,

I've got a few new chains sitting here and I don't want to run them with my original bar. My bar is at a point where I think I should replace it.  Its been filed and such but is showing a lot of signs of wear.

I can purchase the factory replacement bar or I could consider another aftermarket bar like perhaps an Oregon.  I don't know who makes the bar for Husky.  I'm looking for thoughts/suggestions before I pull the trigger.

Here is what I've been running for a bar/chain:

Chain - Oregon 73LGX072G : 3/8" pitch, .050" gauge;

Cutting Bar Length: 20"
Pitch: 3/8
Gauge: .058
Number of Drive Links: 72

I don't know how much difference the brand of bar makes.  I've heard that the 562 doesn't oil enough and they go through bars.  Should I just pick up an Oregon bar or whatever bar I can find or is there some benefit to seeking out one bar over another?

Thanks!

AdkStihl

J.Miller Photography

DDDfarmer

I think if you look closely to your old bar, you will find Oregon under the paint.  I have had good luck with the forestry pro bars from Cutters, but I'm in Canada and not sure where you are. 
Treefarmer C5C with cancar 20 (gearmatic 119) winch, Husky 562xp 576xp chainsaws

MNBobcat

Quote from: AdkStihl on January 31, 2014, 09:21:17 AM
Oregon makes Husqvarna bars.

Question: Under pitch & gauge you mention "not required". What are you meaning by that? Pitch and gauge measurements are definitely required when choosing a bar.

That is weird.  That was a cut and paste from a web site where I looked up info on the chains that I have.  Not sure why it said "not required" but in ordering a bar I do know its required to get the correct one!   I went back and corrected it.

sawguy21

The Oregon Power Match bar, solid with a replaceable tip, would be p/n 208RNDD009. This the bar of choice for the pro user. A lower cost alternative would be a laminated version, 208SLHD009, lighter but not likely to be as durable.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

MNBobcat

Thanks.  I just ordered an Oregon 20" Power Match Chainsaw Bar (208RNDD009) 72 Drive Links.  Looks to be a good bar.

MNBobcat

Quote from: sawguy21 on January 31, 2014, 09:47:23 AM
The Oregon Power Match bar, solid with a replaceable tip, would be p/n 208RNDD009. This the bar of choice for the pro user. A lower cost alternative would be a laminated version, 208SLHD009, lighter but not likely to be as durable.

Just ordered one as you posted.  Thanks for the recommendation.  Glad to know I made a good choice!

JohnG28

Check your chain and bar. You say you're running an .058 gauge bar and .050 chain. They should match.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

VLACOSSE

Yes and I would run one with the replaceable tip. It saves a lot because the tip always wears faster. I also recommend a double guard aka narrow nose tip makes bore cutting a lot easier and a lot less kickback

SawTroll

Many of them, yes - but far from all.

Husky has their own bar factory that make a lot of the bars, and some RSN ones have been made by GB.

I suggest that the OP takes a close look at a Husky TechLite 20" .058 .

The TechLite is made in Norway at Huskys own bar factory.
Information collector.

MNBobcat

Quote from: JohnG28 on January 31, 2014, 09:51:35 AM
Check your chain and bar. You say you're running an .058 gauge bar and .050 chain. They should match.

The web site I copied and pasted the info from has it erroneously listed as .050 in one spot and .058 in another.  You can see for yourself on that link.

I caught the error when I used the bar selector at Baileys and only 1 bar showed up for my saw.  I knew that wasn't right.  I did order the .058 bar to match my .058 chain.

Lesson for the day....don't expect web sites to always have the correct data on stuff.  :)

JohnG28

Glad you caught it also, just wanted to make sure. If they didn't match that could have been a source of premature wear.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Thank You Sponsors!