iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Storage/Display question

Started by WV Sawmiller, December 10, 2017, 10:02:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

I finished moving my mantels to the new shed extension/shelf today. I see I have 9 of them, some with some serious character. I will likely have to raise the prices to ever get rid of them. :D I do see I can get one more row on the current shelf and maybe 2-3 more because of the slope of the roof but that will make access a lot harder. I need to cut me an ash and a poplar mantel just so people can compare. Most of what I have is cherry,  one big walnut, one really ugly hickory and an ugly maple.

I can finish the other shelf opposite the center upright. I did not finish the cross pieces to make access easier. It will also easily hold a dozen or so 3 to 4 inch thick mantels up to 10' long.

The shelf below is at least twice as tall and I have a few 8/4 live edge walnut slabs under there and several on the yard I may cut.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Kbeitz

I want to see the one on the bottom please....

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

moodnacreek

Do you plan to resaw those thick planks or our they already dry ?

Banjo picker

Quote from: Kbeitz on December 30, 2017, 06:14:00 PM
I da want to see da one on da bottom please....

Oh my that one will never do.  Can I please see the one on the second row that is against the wall?   ;)  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

WV Sawmiller

Kbeitz/Banjo,

Look at reply 24.

Moody,

Not planning on re-sawing. These are fireplace mantels and intended to be used as 3-4 inch thick. Some people want 2" and I'll take one from below or elsewhere if they prefer.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!