iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Skidtrail Reparation

Started by teakwood, June 16, 2018, 04:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teakwood

I had a nasty narrow curve in one of my main skidtrails and every year it went a little bit narrower. Also the logs are getting longer and harder to turn with. So i had to fix it sometimes

before

after

Went from a 3m wide pass to a comfy 6m, of course the 30to Excavator helped alot.
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

nativewolf

so you didn't do it by hand?  cheater
Liking Walnut

teakwood

I produced the baskets myself, had some wire mesh on a roll left form years ago. also had some 1/4" rebar (thicker would be better) laying around. so i thought why pay 180$ for 3 basket if i can make them with leftover material.

GRANITEstateMP

Looks good.   Heck of a job
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

BargeMonkey

Nice job. 👍 having a 330 is never a bad thing for something like that. 

thecfarm

Take care of the land.
I haul rocks into my wood roads too. ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

teakwood

I don't need to haul rocks, we have very stable ground and we only log in dryseason. So the roads don't suffer much. the worst thing is the strong rains in the rainseason, they can really cut the trails in half.

Southside

Quote from: thecfarm on June 17, 2018, 07:24:21 AMI haul rocks wood into my wood rock roads forest too.

Fixed it for you Ray.  :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

thecfarm

That is not funny,but it's true. ;D 
I have wet holes all year around,even when it's 10 below. Those bogs do that freeze over.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Southside

Saw a processor fall through one of those bogs in January up in the County many years back, sunk to the point only the head was above ground.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Banjo picker

Teakwood thats a might fine job on making those gabion baskets.  I do think you might as well cut that tree you backfilled around.  Around here if you backfill much at all around the roots the tree will die.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Bruno of NH

Nice work
You don't see the baskets much around here anymore.
Everyone uses the concrete 1 yard blocks the batch plants make with the leftover mix.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

teakwood

Quote from: Banjo picker on June 17, 2018, 02:28:49 PM
Teakwood thats a might fine job on making those gabion baskets.  I do think you might as well cut that tree you backfilled around.  Around here if you backfill much at all around the roots the tree will die.  Banjo
I especially worked around that tree, although it was a pain in the butt, because that tree acts like a pivot point for the long logs so they don't fall down to the bottom of the creek.

Here with the growth rate we have in the tropics that tree just grow ruts where the new dirt touches and keeps growing.

teakwood

Quote from: Bruno of NH on June 17, 2018, 03:58:16 PM
Nice work
You don't see the baskets much around here anymore.
Everyone uses the concrete 1 yard blocks the batch plants make with the leftover mix.
I have seen them, not here in Costa Rica but in Switzerland they us them a lot. very good solution in Quarry/Mines where you have to make some ramps where heavy equipment passes.
How much costs one of these blocks?

mike_belben

As much as they can get.. Sometimes quite a lot!
Praise The Lord

Oliver05262

Mafia blocks around "here" are pretty cheap; maybe $25-40. Many aren't pretty. They are usually made from waste or leftover 'crete from the day's runs. Some are made from rejected loads that have no farmer jobs to send them to.
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

Thank You Sponsors!