iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

need a transmission

Started by troykep, April 07, 2014, 05:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

troykep

Anyone have an idea where I can find a 4 speed Warner transmission for a International S7C ? I've been told a timber jack 208 uses the same. Mine lost a bearing and ate some gears yesterday.

coxy

Quote from: troykep on April 07, 2014, 05:58:05 AM
Anyone have an idea where I can find a 4 speed Warner transmission for a International S7C ? I've been told a timber jack 208 uses the same. Mine lost a bearing and ate some gears yesterday.
is reverse in the tranny or does it have a reverser box

troykep

it has a separate forward and reverse transmission box
what I need mounts behind that and is just a strait 4 speed

coxy

all the trannys I have in the skidders are np all the tj that I have seen have np in them as well  never worked on a international  ;D

troykep

thanks for the information
I hope I can find one somewhere!

EricR

im guessing what you have is a borg warner t-98  I have one in my timberjack 200   ford jeep and international used them in trucks.  you have to be careful as they had a lot of variations in the shaft splines.  I have 3 on the self and they all have slight differences to them.   http://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/t98.htm

troykep

did the ones in trucks and jeeps have reverse ?
mine is 4 speeds forward because its mounted to a forward / reverse box

North River Energy

No idea if they share parts, but there is an s8 being parted out on Craigslist NH.

coxy

don't know how they work but np is a 5 speed with 1st and reverse taken out that makes them a 4sp for the skidder so you are really starting out in 2nd gear in the tranny but the shifter in the skidder says 1st hope you under stand the jiberish that im trying to say :laugh:

troykep

well I think I located one with a broken input shaft.
I will just have to swap a few parts and put some new bearings in.
Thank you for the replies

Still looking
I need one part yet that I can't locate

Thank You Sponsors!