iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

J.D.440-A skidder restore

Started by aksawyer, July 11, 2010, 01:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aksawyer

We recently bought a JD 440A that is in really good shape,but came with a parts machine that I never saw.(really did not believe the sellers story about the second one as it was not there).But today it got delivered and after I aired up the tires,and pulled it off with my skid steer.It is almost complete,no alternator,winch control and bad tires but since the first one is already working I want to rebuild this one.The tires are diff sizes so wont need those either they are junk any way.Anyway to my question has anyone restored a 440-A,and if you could where did you get the parts.Thank you very much Aksawyer.....a record 93 degrees today in Fairbanks

snowstorm

Quote from: aksawyer on July 11, 2010, 01:10:03 AM
We recently bought a JD 440A that is in really good shape,but came with a parts machine that I never saw.(really did not believe the sellers story about the second one as it was not there).But today it got delivered and after I aired up the tires,and pulled it off with my skid steer.It is almost complete,no alternator,winch control and bad tires but since the first one is already working I want to rebuild this one.The tires are diff sizes so wont need those either they are junk any way.Anyway to my question has anyone restored a 440-A,and if you could where did you get the parts.Thank you very much Aksawyer.....a record 93 degrees today in Fairbanks
good luck.....a lot of parts .....no longer avalable from jd engine parts no prob. trans parts could be trouble     that skidder may be worth more in parts than running

Autocar

I have always enjoyed rebuilding equipment , done a number of Prentice knuckle booms and one skidder. One thing for sure do it right your always know you have a great back up machine if a problem comes up   ;D
Bill

Bobus2003

What kinda parts are gonna be needing? Almost everything i've ever needed for my 440 I have been able to get through the Local JD dealer, or through Schaefer Enterprises in Illinois ( http://www.sewlparts.com/Default.aspx )

I have a a Second Tranny, Winch, and Set of axles, and boxes of misc Gaskets, Bolts, Nuts, U-Joints, Bearing ect ect  for my machine that came as Parts when my dad originally bought mine.

Thank You Sponsors!