iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Large Hollow Maple Tree

Started by red, January 08, 2013, 05:48:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red

A farmer cut down a Large hollow maple tree . . . when it hit the ground it split in half and a small bear came out
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Weekend_Sawyer

Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

WDH

I bet they both got a headache  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

It shoulda known better than to live in a split level home.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

That would of made a nice video.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

doctorb

What a way to wake up from a winter's nap!
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Buck

I'dve been a bear if I woke up like that! ;D
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Mooseherder

I guess that should answer that age old question of what a bear does in the woods.   I could barely contain myself from saying that. ;D

Ken

A few years back a local logger fell into a bears den behind a blown over root mat. He was very surprised but apparently it never bothered the bear.  He also said it would not have been a fair chase if the bear did run after him because it would have been up to its knees in excrement left behind by the logger.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

Charles Barnes Sr

I was cutting oak logs this summer and dropped a large red oak which held up for just a moment before coming all the way to the ground. When it fetched up for a moment a raccoon hit the ground. The raccoon layed on its back and I figured it was dead but when I went to hook up with the skidder I discovered it had wandered off. Never know whats in them trees sometimes!
Baptist Pastor trying to make ends meet logging.
76 IH S8 Cable skidder
Husky 55
Husky 372XP

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Now Red....do you expect me to believe that story?  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

I have to agree with Poston,there is no way that tree split in half.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

red

well Dave . .one guy that was there is Certified . . he is a Forester
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: red on January 09, 2013, 06:55:54 AM
well Dave . .one guy that was there is Certified . . he is a Forester
That worries me. You should keep better company.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

Well then, it must be true  :D :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Da bear did it.

In da woods.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!