iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

stone veneer

Started by thedeeredude, January 25, 2006, 07:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedeeredude

Can you put stone veneer on a SIP wall setup?

Jim_Rogers

I would assume so, if you follow the standard rules for stone veneer or the instructions from the sip manufacturer.....
They should have some info on that, I'm sure it's been done before....

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

logmason

Don P

Structural Insulated Panel.

Its a wall panel sammich with 1/2" osb where the bread would be and foam where the fluffernutter would go.

logmason

Thanks Don P. I see similar things around here with concrete being the tweener to the panels. If it has a shelf and can attach brick ties, veneer should be good to go. Now working with a guy that did these foundations, I will ask him the name used here.

Jim_Rogers

If it's a concrete wall with insulation on the outside and inside, it's an ICF (Insulated Concrete Foundation), if I've got it right......

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

logmason

ECO block is the name used for the ones my helper installed. Foam insulation on outside and inside acting as a form, reinforced throughout, and poured concrete on the inside. Very good for veneer if set up with the shelf. Wish I had went this way on my cabin instead of block. The price was more but I believe would have been money well spent.
If these are all the same thing with different names, I do not know. Good advise from Jim R. on contacting the manufacturere.

Thank You Sponsors!