iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Paul Bunyan and no Chisel!

Started by Jeff, October 03, 2004, 11:15:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Sorry Chisel. Chet made me title this thread this way. :D

Did ya'll know that Chet could Yodel? Here he is with the Forestry ForumYodeleers performing at the LogRite Display. Chet, Kevin, Bibby and Rmay. Kevin is a little shy.

Chets really good!

Here is Kevin, Myself and Bibbyman. Bib is displaying a Pro Mary sawmill special!  Tamiam is letting me hold the newly formulated color, "Power Pink" Cant hook.

There was a ton of things to see at this show. It was a lot bigger then I had imagined. They even had an old engine section with drag saws!!!!  More later. :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Many of you know how when you meet a forestry forum member some where you get that feeling they have always been your friend. Well, it don't matter where they are from and how far. I met several new Friends at this show. Here is one. Chris Brown from Peterson Sawmills. Great fellow. I also got to meet member Hammond. (Craig from Peterson). I thought I had his picture but seems I don't. Hope one of the other fellows do.  Anyhow, you cant meet anybody any farther away the that! The other side of the world!  

Chris gave me a personal up-close tour of a swing-blade mill. What a machine!

Paschale

That pink cant hook cracks me up!  I can't wait to see pictures of that back in action back home!   :D :D :D
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Timber_Framer

:D That's what i was thinking, but I bet it's a lot easier to spot!
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Jeff

Kevin from LogRite Tools and Mtnjack.

chet

Da Peterson crew.  AKA  Captain, and from dat land I'm told where they drive on da wrong side of da road, Chris and Craig.
They are positioning logs prior to setting up one of their mills.

I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

chet

Da Brownie Troop  ;D  Every day at noon we met at da Loggrite booth for our daily brownie ration. Sorry Chisel, I tried to save yours for ya, but I somehow lost it during da festivities.  :-/

I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

woodmills1

WITH APOLOGY TO STEVEN TYLER

[size=8]PINK, IT'S MY FAVORITE COLOR[/size][/color]
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Bibbyman

Here's Dave Mann of WM showin' how to use the Pro-Sawyer Mary model with one hand!

Here's Chris Hooten on a 60" Logrite to show how he can load a large red oak log onto the arms of the LT70 using just one hand .

Here is JB of WM showin' the best use of such a tool!  No hands!!   :D

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

chet

That's pretty simular to how Jeff was using his new Logrite Pickaroon.  :D

Jeff

Got a chance to see TimberKing at this show!

Jeff

...and Baker!

Meet Clyde from Baker Products. :)

Bibbyman

Tamiam,

You need to send me a replacement 60" "Pro-Sawyer Mary Special" cant hook.  The one we brought home ain't going to do us no good.  It only got a chance to lean it in our sawshed one time and now it's gone! (no it didn't blend in with our Wood-Mizer) >:(

We pulled in today about 3:00pm from the PB show and started to unload the Durango.  Got down to the cant hooks and I picked up one little one and the 60"er and started for the sawshed.  Unknown to me,  the log broker had shown up with a man from China to look at some of his logs on our lot.

I set the 60"er in the sawshed and I walked on out to greet them carrying the Sawmill Special.  Mary had joined us by then and after some introductions,  he had to know about the cant hook.  I showed him the Sawmill Special I had in my hand.  He pronounced it great!  But wanted to know if they also came with a handle "about this long" – indicating about shoulder high.  I told him they come in a variety of lengths and styles and we had some info on them.  And,  as a mater of fact,  we also have a 60" model and went and got it.  

He looked it over and took it over to a log and tried it out.  He said,  "Can you get me one!"  Mary said,  "Yes,  but it'll have to be blue."  "Blue?  Who would want a blue one?  I want and orange one just like this one."   (I kid you not!)

We concluded our conversation and Mary and I headed back to the house to leave them to their business.  I asked Mary,  why not just let him have this one and we can order another.  Fine with her.  So as I passed his truck I got his attention and said,  "Your cant hook just came in."  and leaned it against his PU.  After a couple of 'You sure?s"  he thanked us for letting him have the one we had.

This guy gets around all over the country buying logs so it's hard telling how many people will see it.
Sawing since '94

chet

Too bad ya missed out Chisel. Paul Bunyan was a great show.  :)  
I must say it was really nice to visit with and check out the products of many of our sponsers at the show. Thank you Timberking, Peterson, Woodmizer, Baker, Menominee Saw, and Logrite Tools.

Jeff

EZ

As you guys and gals know, the wife and I didnt make it back up to the Logrite booth at noon. Got to talking with the Baker boys and time flew bye.
It was nice to meet Bibbyman and Mary, nice people.
First time we ever met Mt.Jack, now I know why they call him Mt.Jack, pretty big boy, but seems to be a nice and cool guy.
Nice to see Jeff and Chet again, they are a trip and a half.
Seen W.V. Hillbilly also, he's a great guy.
Nice to see Kevin and Tammy also, maybe next time I'll buy one of your tools, but with $120.00 a night for a room my funds were getting tight. ;D
EZ

Bibbyman

Too much and not enough...

Too many things to see but not enough time to see it all.  We got there early Friday morning and stayed until mid-afternoon.  We were all tired and Mary had a headache so we headed out for our motel room.   Saturday,  we got there early and wanted to leave about noon to head back.  I bet I didn't see 1/3 of the exhibits,  and none of the shows.

We actually started to leave about 11:00am Saturday but kept running into people and getting so caught up in saying "goodbyes", we didn't get off the grounds and on the road until about 2:00pm..    Then it was slow gonin' until we got through Nelsonville.

Too many friends – old and new - and not enough time to visit with them all.  I know some people there but we didn't have time to stop in and visit.  Visited with many old friends just a minute and promised to make it back by but didn't.     I started to get horse on Saturday and now my voice in gone. Right now,  I have no voice left.  I can only squeak.  

Brooke is way too cute and not nearly shy enough.  She was like dragin' a 100' extension cord around – she was always getting caught up into something.

Here she is showing how happy she is with the two wood puzzles WV-Hillbilly made for her.  One is a dinosaur and the other a cat.  She has kept herself occupied for hours playing with these two puzzles.

Too much rich food and not enough fruit and vegetables and not enough keeping on schedule.   I had it all planned out – I was going to get me a Bunyan Burger for lunch on Friday.  I'd smelled them grilling all morning.  But when it came time to eat,  Mary and Brooke drug me over to a stand that sold noodles.  NOODLES!   Saturday,  I wasn't about to let that happen.  But I arrived at the Logrite booth about 11:00am to meet Tamiam and pay her for the cant hooks, etc.  Got offered a brownie.  Couldn't pass that up!  But she cuts off a chunk about 3" square and 2" thick!  HOW SWEET IT WAS!  But it took the edge off'n my hunger I'd been building up for the Bunyan Burger.   I did stand in line about 30 minutes to get one – and then it didn't have cheese on it.  I did manage to get it down..  I don't see how those guys that were ordering a double Bunyan Burger were getting them down!  The single must have a pound of burger in them!  They are like 6" diameter and 4" thick!

Of course Brooke was fed a steady diet of candy from every vendor she passed.  She also eat a Tammy Brownie.  By the end of the day,  she was like a monkey on speed.

Too much driving for not enough hours at the show.  Comin' and goin',  we spent a day and night each way on the road.  Our room Friday night was in Jackson, an hour south of Nelsonville.   THE PARKING LOT FOR THE PB SHOW WAS IN THE NEXT COUNTY!!!  Or so it seamed.  The shuttle bus would only take you part way and then to was another half mile to the entrance to the forestry show grounds.  Walk, walk and more walk...

Too many things to take pictures of but knowing I couldn't get it all so didn't take many.  

Here's one of Jeff and Chet watchin' the monkey in the tree.

More later...
Sawing since '94

chet

Early on in the show I struck up a conversation with a total stranger in the crowd. After about a 30 minute discussion we find out we are fellow forum members.  :o  I can now add Gmmills to my list of faces.  :)

CHARLIE

DanG Chet! That would've been a good opportunity to give Gmmills the grits! :D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Jeff

I distinctly remember that moment when Chet realized he had done forgot that box of grits ta home. He was quite vocal :D

Jeff

QuoteEarly on in the show I struck up a conversation with a total stranger in the crowd. After about a 30 minute discussion we find out we are fellow forum members.  :o  I can now add Gmmills to my list of faces.  :)

MULE_MAN

My son came to visit Sat. evening & I was sawing some logs up , he pick up
the ( BLUE )  60" Logrite cant hook and ask what this thing suppose to be ???
I told him it's a New cant hook , and go roll that log up to the mill .

His words were AWESOME  and SWEET .  8)

Never knew a cant hook could be sweet   :D :D :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

Jeff

Same thing happened to chet AFTER we got back home. He was debating while we were there about getting one. When we got back to my place he grabbed mine and started biting into the various logs I had laying there for my dragsaw to cut and for my bonfires.  He had the same reaction.   :)  I think he needs a Forestry Forum additon cant hook though. ;D

chet

This is a shot I got of Dave Mann while he was demonstrating the LT15. He was cutting a nice cherry that someone once apon a time thought needed a iron injection.

Pete J

Great photos and writeups.
It's almost like I was there.
One question though.
Who is that imposter pretending to be bibbyman? I saw photos of the real bibbyman from the pig roast, and he doesn't look anything like him.

Thank You Sponsors!