iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Who makes the John Deere CS40LE Pro-Series Chain Saw

Started by johnjbc, March 30, 2006, 08:24:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnjbc

Does anyone know who makes this saw for John Deere  ???
and are they any good?

John Deere  CS40LE Pro-Series Chain Saw
LT40HDG24, Case VAC, Kubota L48, Case 580B, Cat 977H, Bobcat 773

chet

Not sure on dat particular saw. I do know many were made by Koritz, the same company that makes Echo.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

sawguy21

The model # tells me it is probably an Echo, very good saw but make sure your J-D dealer is willing to provide parts and service. Some don't want to be bothered with the lawn and garden equipment.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

ComputerUser

The current batch of JD saws are rebadged Efco (not Echo!) saws.  On the whole, they are regarded as being solid saws of reputable manufacture.  The highlight of the line is the 62cc saw, which gets lots of praise for its excellent power-to-weight ratio and the fact that it takes well to muffler and cylinder modifications. 

Though perfectly durable and servicable, their larger saws (71/81cc) are suppsed to be uninspiring for their size when compared to a Husky 372/385, Dolmar 7900, etc. 

The smaller saws such as the CS40LE that you ask about are supposed to get good, solid light/medium-duty saws, appropriate for homeowner/ranch use.  I have handled them at the store but do not own any and have not ever cut with one.  But from everything I have heard and read, they should work fine for their intended purpose.

johnjbc

Looks like it is sold by Deere, Owned by Japan, and made in China

http://www2.emak.it/database/emak/emak.nsf/wframe_eng.htm

address: Emak SpA
Via Fermi, 4
42011 Bagnolo in Piano (RE)
Italy 

phone: (0039-0522) 95 66 11
  fax: (0039-0522) 95 15 55
  eMail: mpederzini@emak.it 
  web: http://www.emak.it 

profile: Emak was established in 1992 from the merger of two important companies specializing in the production of lawn & garden and forestry equipment: Oleo-Mac and Efco. From its beginnings, Emak has been part of the Yama Group. As of June 98 Emak is listed on the Milano Stock Exchange.

The constant growth in sales, production capacity and workforce is a clear testimony to the appreciation the market has demonstrated for the Emak product range, making it the primary manufacturer in the sector in Italy and one of the most important companies at the European level.

75% of EMAC SPA is owned by Yama SPA

Creating a Group:
                           strength which comes
                       from co-operation

In 1989 a number of entrepreneurs decided to combine their interests in a single company: Yama S.p.A. (the name Yama comes from a Japanese word with a double meaning of mountain and strength.

The most concrete proof of this willingness to co-operate and grow together is demonstrated by the fact that today there are 30 firms, counting associates and subsidiaries, which have chosen to belong to Yama Group: 16 in the production division; 14 in the trading and real estate division.

Ianab

I've used a friends little Oleo-Mac 940c a couple of times. I'm guessing it's similar to that? It's a nice little saw and had 'Made in Italy' written on it, not China.
I think they would compare pretty well with the homeowner grade Stihls and Huskies. So long as you have dealer support to get parts they should be a good buy.

Cheers

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

johnjbc

Thanks for the replies. My friend just got the John Deere version of the saw so I will see it run first hand.
According to the Investor Relations Presentations on the EMAK Web Site they are planning to expand marketing in North America this year. They are also shifting A lot of there production to a Full capability plant in China (Jiangmen)

Greg_B.

the cub cadet saws are from efco also. i have 2 for 3 years now and other than routine maintence i have had no problems to date. i am getting ready to add a bigger cub to my collection for larger logs. i dont have any idea how many hours are on mine but they run several evenings a week cutting trees and almost every weekend too. i do all of my log cutting for my mill have never bought any logs so i can say if one were to give up tomorrow i would definately replace it with the same one.
Norwood mark 4;4020 Branson Tracter backhoe frt.lder; 18' dovetail trailer;Bri-Mar dump trailer 11,500 gross; Beefed-Up 2004 F-350 diesel; workshop full of woodworking tools. So many toys, eh tools so little time.

Thank You Sponsors!