iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

anyone need a new motor for anything

Started by Dugsaws, January 21, 2004, 08:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dugsaws

I was lookin around on ebay and came across this auction, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2589970859&category=42922one DANG big engine, I would just like to see that in person
Doug

Dave_Fullmer

Doug, that is some engine.  Wonder what it was intended for origionally.  Deutz owned Allis Chalmers for a while after AC quit in 1985 but I think that might have been a little large for any of the AC tractors.  You don't suppose that the AC engineers were thinking about building some sort of SUPER tractor, do you?

Would really make enough power for Harold's Homemizer, wouldn't it?   :D :D :D 8)

Dave
If it aint Orange (AC that is) it won't run.

SasquatchMan

And here I was lookin to buy a scroll saw with a motor already attached... :D :D :D
Senior Member?  That's funny.

shopteacher

Ok, where'd I put that submarine I was building?
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Stump Jumper

This is just an upgrade for that 500 hp kitchen mixer. :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Or maybe a replacement engine for our 6.0L PSD.  :D  :D  :D   8) 8) 8) 8) ;D ;D
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

oldsaw-addict

I was thinking I'd put that in my neighbors wifes caddilac as a joke :D :D :D  She'd get a real surprise when she hits the gas! or maybe I'll put that on my chainsaw, or my new invisible mack truck, or try and stuff it into a dirt bike chassis :D :D you know just for fun, or for the ULTIMATE performance bike, tractor woodchipper, vehicle, blender, or whatever. Its fun to look at these giant engines and think about what to use them in. Ive been next to a Cummins 20 or 40 Liter V12 diesel engine mounted on a generator and believe me they are HUGE, like big enough to hide an infant inside a cylinder without problem.I've  estimated the cylinder bore to be about 6- 12 inches or more. All I can say is WHY would anyone want to drive their riding mower with that little 10 HP motor when they can have around 1000+ HP in the thing?
Let there be saws for all mankind!

Jeff

GREG! That'd make the  ol' Corley just sing!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Corley5

That should have enough power to run the mill, edger, four sided planer, single sided planer, blower and any other accessory I might want to add and do it at an idle ;D.  Probably wouldn't be real fuel efficient for the application though.  Here's a couple pics of a V-12 Climax gasoline engine that's on display at the Mid Michigan Tractor show in Oakley Mi.  It's got a little Hercules 4cyl engine on for a starter  It originally powered a storm water pump in Saginaw or Bay City I forget which.  When they fire it up it's musical with its straight pipe exhaust it makes a wonderful sound

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Keltic

Would that be for a huge genset or maybe marine? Air cooled like the other deutz?

Gus

might be a little over kill for a wood splitter. :D
"How do I know what I think unless I have seen what I say?"

Ed_K

Heres a v 16 cat genset.

me and my boys.
Ed K

Thank You Sponsors!