iDRY Vacuum Kilns

more options

Started by schmism, June 05, 2012, 11:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schmism

Please turn on more options for users to configure the look of the site.

I find it EXTREMELY annoying that only like 5 posts <edit> THREE posts <edit>fit on a "page" because there is 3" of profile data under a persons name that i care absolutely nothing about.

Should be easy enough to include an option in the "look n layout" to remove all that crap.
039 Stihl 010AV  NH TC33D FEL, with toys

Jeff

Really?  REALLY?

Your tone really makes me want to help you out.  Maybe you should get a better computer. Maybe you should just find a place where you will be happy. I usually always go out of my way even if it means hours to help someone that asks for help with an issue. In this case buddy, you can...   Ah never mind. I don't really want to have to ban myself for finishing this reply.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

tyb525

Every other forum I have been to has a very similar layout, with the same amount of replyies per page, on average. If the fact that you can only see 3 replies per page bothers you...I'd hate to know how you treat whoever makes your dinner...
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

schmism

Quote from: Jeff on June 05, 2012, 11:28:35 PM
I usually always go out of my way even if it means hours to help someone that asks for help with an issue.

Great!

I know there are MANY many more options to turn on that allow users to tweek the look of the forums.  There should be little issue with doing so.  After all you can simply leave the "default" the way it is.  Most users may never notice but for those of use looking to make the forums easyer for us to use, it would be great.

Really at the end of the day there is no good reason for not allowing users more control over how they choose to view the forums.  If anything it widens your user base and doen'st drive off potential users that find the forums overly difficult to read/scan.

after all ive been around for a while, ive seen this board go through a number of changes, It hasnt gotten easier to read/scan.

Jeff

Seems like the problem is yours.  I know exactly what you can do to fix it.

schmism

Quote from: tyb525 on June 05, 2012, 11:32:52 PM
Every other forum I have been to has a very similar layout, with the same amount of replyies per page,

I can certainly say that isnt true, and Ive been around these forums long enough to KNOW that hasnt always been the case with these forums either.

Jeff

Just so you can add this info to your vast knowledge, there is nothing in the software that allows for hiding user info in the posts other than the avatars and the signatures. Perhaps you should go to the software vender's website to research this for yourself. There is NOTHING I can just turn on to please you. There is not a reason in the world after your initial post that I will even try and come up with a way to please you, but I will give you two options that might at least give you a minimal information page.  Use the mobile view by clicking on the bottom of the page,  or use the wap view

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?wap

beenthere

I like and prefer the forum just the way it is.

If I didn't, I wouldn't be here.  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Buck

Jeff, can I get a cup of coffee with my page?
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Warbird

How about a soda, Buck?  pepsi_smiley   I'd be happy to also provide a swift kick in the rear with every demanding post certain know-it-all users make.  :)

reride82

I like the forum just how it is. My scroll wheel isn't that hard to operate  ;) I'm here looking for knowledge. Libraries aren't always the easiest tool to use, but do you complain there. Some people are hard to please, and apparently it is REALLY hard for them to be nice. Isn't there a thread on customer service, and how alot of the time the service provided reflects the attitude of the customer. Schmism, maybe trying to be polite and courteous in your requests will get you better results? Jeff provides a very good service. Stepping off soapbox now....
'Do it once, do it right'

'First we shape our buildings, then our buildings shape us'
Living life on the Continental Divide in Montana

Raider Bill

I find this forum to be very easy on my eyes and like being able to glance on posters info without having to jump a page.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Mooseherder

La la lala.
La la lala!
Heyheyhey!
popcorn_smiley