iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pittsburg, NH

Started by Noble_Ma, December 31, 2002, 10:42:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noble_Ma

The family and I just got back from a snowmobiling trip in Pittsburg, NH.  Talk about snow 8)  This town of about 11,000 is supposed to be one on the largest towns area wise in the country!  It has 250+ miles of groomed snowmobile trails.  We totaled over 250 miles in two days.  The last day we did a short 40 mile trip cause the wife's butt was sore :D  You couldn't get off the trail at all unless you wanted to be up to your waist in snow.  The weather was great for the most part.  It snowed about 4" every night!  Never got below 5 so we were happy about that.  One trip took us to the Canadian border where RT3 comes up.  Another trip took us to Boundry Pond that is one of the Northern most points in NH.  The trails were about 20 to 30 feet wide for the most part but some like the one to Boundry Pond closed in to just enough to get the machine through.  The one to Canada was well traveled and was nothing but moggle after moggle.  I think that's were the wife lost here patients and her butt ;D  Here's a couple of  pictures.

Noble_Ma

Here's a couple more of the First and Second Connecticut Lakes.  The Third Connecticutt Lake couldn't be seen from this hill.

DanG

That looks positively dismal. ;)  I'm glad some folks like the cold, though, or it would be awful crowded down here. I spent the weekend sprucing up the mill and doing some maintenance, as well as putting the finishing touches on the log trailer. Worked outdoors in a t-shirt most of the time. Slipped on a flannel when the sun started sinking, then went inside when the temp got into the frigid 50's.
Sounds like y'all had a great time. Don't think I've ever seen a snowmobile, 'cept in pitchers. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

L. Wakefield

whhhooooeeeyy!!!   8) 8) 8)   very fine pictures. I wish I were thoroughly warm right now looking at them and feeling energized. I do love it when the snomo going is easy. I have been stuck too often, and have about given it up except for utility sled around the farm when needed. But I love your images and I am glad you got to go high, far, and fast.  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

ADfields

Looks a lot like Alaska! 8)   I think Anchorage has the largest city in area, it's a bit biger that West Virginia but onley has a bit under 400,000 people in all that space.  
Andy

Jeff

Photography hardly ever does a winter scene justice. DanG says that look dismal.

What you southern boys is missing is the 10 billion diamonds sparkling in that picture. A snow scene such as that in the sunlight is a thing to behold. On a very cold day there may be ice crystals in the aire making even the blue sky sparkle.

A picture or video could NEVER capture the beauty of some winter landscapes. That beauty can go a long ways towards warming you up.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

L. Wakefield

Today as the lastest sleet storm pulled away, the tatters of grey clouds lifted to show just that vivid blue.  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Thank You Sponsors!