iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

To those knowledgable on the subject of bibs, overhauls, rompers lol

Started by 4x4American, June 19, 2017, 06:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitepine2

By the looks of the arm on your uncle,he was no one to fool around with. Most
of the older folks around here had  big arms and legs,all my folks were well over 6 foot
I am one of the smallest only made it to 5'11" didn't make the six,most were 6'4" or better some played pro-ball until WW11 came along and that was the end of that dream

Chop Shop

Quote from: Mooseherder on June 27, 2017, 07:19:02 PM
All the pockets and slots are for sawdust!
smiley_hillbilly_tub_base smile_banjoman smiley_fiddler

Boy, thats the dang truth!

51cub

That reminds me about the time I wore overalls when I went to a class on woodturning. I learned a lesson, and won't be doing that again
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

PineHill4488

Since I'm still a working shlub, when at work I dress the part. But when on my time, I am wearing overalls. The wife has learned to smile and bear it. She's a good woman!

On the subject, the best quality bibs I've found are Roundhouse and American-made. The last company making them here.
Fall 2013 purchased Stihl MS 660 and an Alaskan 36" mill, am happy with the setup, hobbyist not a volume producer, have milled oak, hickory, yellow pine, and power poles.

scgargoyle

I believe Pointer brand is still made in the US, but they're mighty proud of 'em. I wear Roundhouse.
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

plowboyswr

Quote from: 51cub on July 05, 2017, 05:37:54 PM

That reminds me about the time I wore overalls when I went to a class on woodturning. I learned a lesson, and won't be doing that again
That reminds me of a story about my grandfather.  He was running a corn picker behind his "B" farmall  PTO driven he got something plugged in the header he stepped off the tractor to clear the obstruction and as he pulled it out he stepped back to the still rotating PTO shaft. Before my father could do or say anything all gramps had left on was his boots, boxers, hat and the straps from his overalls still on his shoulders. His shirt and the rest of the overalls were on the PTO.  Luckily it was in the cool of the year or else he wouldn't have had the boxers but it was a chilly ride home on the tractor from what Dad said,all 2 miles by all the neighbors houses!  :o
Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

LeeB

Quote from: scgargoyle on July 08, 2017, 06:06:43 AM
I believe Pointer brand is still made in the US, but they're mighty proud of 'em. I wear Roundhouse.

Roundhouse are also made in the USA, since 1903. They are what I wear.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Thank You Sponsors!