iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

inventory

Started by cangel, November 18, 2014, 06:15:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cangel

I am a NE forester who wants to transition from hand tallying and calculation inventory to calling information into my iPhone and downloading into an inventory program using my MacBook Pro.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

clearcut

Welcome to the Forum cangel!

I'm not familiar with an app that meets all of your requirements, but I can get you close.

There is a web app that I have been using that works great on an iPhone, but does not do voice recognition on the iPhone very well.  Open Cruise is an open source web application available at:

https://opencruise.mtu.edu

Just tap the Biltmore stick and look at the Help section to get started.

I initially had a issue with iOS 8.1  and the developer, Jim Rivard, had it fixed in a matter of hours.

Open Cruise does have a voice recognition feature, however it only works on Android 4.1+. On an iPhone, you can tap the mic on the keyboard and speak the data. At that point it is generally faster and easier to just type it in.

On the App store there is also Plot Hound, but I have not used it. Voice recognition is not noted in the description. I cannot accept their Terms of Service, especially:

QuoteYou understand and agree that we may use any information submitted or transmitted by you to us, including information collected by you using the Plot Houndâ„¢ application and uploaded to us, (collectively, "User Supplied Information") in a number of different ways, including publicly displaying it, reformatting it, incorporating it into other works, creating derivative works from it, and promoting and distributing it. Accordingly, you hereby irrevocably grant us perpetual world-wide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable rights to use your User Supplied Information for any purpose.
Carbon sequestered upon request.

SliverPicker

I wouldn't sign that if I was paid.
Yooper by trade.

clearcut

You don't sign it, you automatically agree to the terms if you use their software. Plus, to use Plot Hound, you must create an account on their website and the app transmits all of your data to them. SilviaTerra will summarize it and make pretty graphs.

That's the main reason I recommend Open Cruise. Your data is your data, and I know how to make pretty graphs.
Carbon sequestered upon request.

Thank You Sponsors!