iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A note to self !!!

Started by isawlogs, June 15, 2010, 06:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

Gas Marcel, gas .... Diesel is for the tractor not the bike .  ::)

No need to inform you that a Honda will not run long on deisel .  :P
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

sprucebunny

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

roger 4400

Hi Marcel !  Do diesel does any damage to your engine ? I know that gas will damage a diesel engine but I do not know if diesel will destroy a gas engine ? Good luck. By the way my old Oliver is sold. I just bought a brand new Massey. Have a nice day
Baker 18hd sawmill, massey Ferguson 1643, Farmi winch, mini forwarder, Honda foreman 400, f-250, many wood working tools, 200 acres wooden lots,6 kids and a lovely and a comprehensive wife...and now a Metavic 1150 m14 log loader so my tractor is a forwarder now

isawlogs

No, it only quit running. I had to flush the tank , lines and spray gas intot he carb to get her going , It did smoke a little  ::) but now is fine.
   I am looking for an Oliver 550 , what size of Massey did you get . ???
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Ironwood

I put diesel in Farmall M as teen working on my buddies Dad's farm. He was just a little HOT after the smoke cleared and I could see his face :o Woops

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Brucer

First I had a gasoline powered car. No problem :).

Then I got a diesel tractor. Drive the car to the filling station, fill with gas. Drive the tractor to the old fuel oil tank, pump the diesel in by hand. No problem :).

Then I bought a diesel pickup. Gas in the car, diesel in the truck, no problem :D.

Then I bought a gasoline powered sawmill. Fill the sawmill tank with gas, fill the car with gas, fill the pickup with diesel, pump diesel into tractor, no problem -- well once Barb put gas in the truck, not because she forgot, but because she didn't notice that one side of the pump was for diesel and the other for premium. That was before they colour-coded the handles.

Finally my car packed it in and I bought a diesel car. OK, both vehicles are diesel. But wait, same year my diesel pickup died so I bought a gas pickup. So now my car's diesel instead of gas, but my pickup is gas instead of diesel. Now I gotta concentrate a bit ::). At least the tractor gets filled from the same fuel oil tank, and the sawmill tank gets filled with gas. Then I bought a diesel edger.

The generator I use at my milling site takes straight gas, my chainsaws take 50:1 gas:oil mix, and the emergency water pump I have at the site takes 25:1 gas:oil mix.

Who's on first?

;D ;D
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Warbird

roger 4400

Marcel ,I bought a MF 1643, HST  4 WD ,quick attach  HD loader, industrial tire (it,s 43 hp) it comes with a lot of feature  ( tilt steering, adjustable lower arms of the 3 point, cruise control, a good hydraulic flow, well seated, arm rest  etc..... ;).   I just LOVE this tractor, easy to drive, for mowing and plowing HST is just marvellous. On hill you are always on gear so it is very safe, you let the pedal up, it is braking. Diesel engine is a lot STRONGER than my old Oliver that used gas ( +- same HP ). If you have a dealer near by, go for fun and try one, it is another world. The HST is just like a car, when you push the pedal down, it,s automatically increase the engine revolution. For example, I needed 4 hours to mow my lawn with Oliver, now I do it in 2 1/2 hours, it never gets hot, while Oliver was boiling..I do not regret my choice. Have a nice day
Baker 18hd sawmill, massey Ferguson 1643, Farmi winch, mini forwarder, Honda foreman 400, f-250, many wood working tools, 200 acres wooden lots,6 kids and a lovely and a comprehensive wife...and now a Metavic 1150 m14 log loader so my tractor is a forwarder now

easymoney

roger 4400 mentioned his tractor having cruise control. i see a lot of the riding mowers advertising cruise control now. is this just not another way of saying the motor has a governor. or is the cruise control someway different?

roger 4400

Hi Easymoney ! My tractor is more a "farm tractor " than a  riding mower. I have a 6 foot mower that works with the PTO . On the tractor I do have a real cruise control, when going forward with the tractor I have to press a pedal (hydrostatic) like on a car . When I get to the speed I want, I pull a lever that will hold the pedal to that level and the tractor is going the selected speed. To cancel the cruise , I depress the lever or put the brake. Maybe on some riding mower the system is the same ?? See you. Roger

Thank You Sponsors!