iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

John Neeman Traditional American Felling Axe FF002 Forum support auction

Started by Jeff, July 11, 2012, 09:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

The auction for the first numbered Forestry Forum Edition numbered, John Neeman Traditional American Felling Axe has commenced!

LINK TO AUCTION
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

scsmith42

Man, that is so tempting.... but if the Doc or I bid, folks will think the wrong thing..... >:(

Best of success to whomever wins!
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

beenthere

Quote from: scsmith42 on July 12, 2012, 12:14:41 PM
Man, that is so tempting.... but if the Doc or I bid, folks will think the wrong thing..... >:(

Best of success to whomever wins!

How can that be true?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Texas Ranger

Hey, Jeff, pull my ax out of that tree, sheath it, and don't let my ax get rusty.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

sandhills

That's very nice to say the least, TR if I didn't have to drive out to death valley every morning and watch everything go up in a cloud of dust it would be my ax Jeff would be keeping shiny  ;).  Somebodies getting an heirloom for sure!

Magicman

Quote from: scsmith42 on July 12, 2012, 12:14:41 PM
.... but if the Doc or I bid, folks will think the wrong thing..... >:(   

I do not understand how that could be Scott.  ??? ???  This Axe has absolutely nothing to do with the other and that was well stated.  This is a new game and the gloves are off. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Warbird

Rooster

I agree with MM...everyone has a shot at this axe.  I would encourage both Scott and Doc to bid.  It is an awesome tool, and it is meant to be a benefit for the Forum...so bring it on guys!!!
"We talk about creating millions of "shovel ready" jobs, for a society that doesn't really encourage anybody to pick up a shovel." 
Mike Rowe

"Old barns are a reminder of when I was young,
       and new barns are a reminder that I am not so young."
                          Rooster

Rooster

The Axe Auction ends tonight!!

Make your final bids everyone!...and Good Luck!
"We talk about creating millions of "shovel ready" jobs, for a society that doesn't really encourage anybody to pick up a shovel." 
Mike Rowe

"Old barns are a reminder of when I was young,
       and new barns are a reminder that I am not so young."
                          Rooster

Jeff

gspren

Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The last time I saw it, it was $520.00, I think. I forgot this was the last night.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

I watched it to the end.  $520.  We have to remember that this was individual bidding and my thoughts are that this was a very respectable bid for the item.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Warbird

Definitely a great price for the axe.  Thanks to whomever had the high bid for supporting the Forestry Forum and congratulations on getting yourself an amazing axe!

Migal

;) Well Gentlemen First  8)
Second What MM said  :P
Third My wife and I can not be at the PigRoast so We wanted to show our support of the Forestry Forum who have helped answer many Question's worth more than the price of the Axe to its Members !
Thank you All.   Migal and Rebecca
P.S Yes it will look good at the Mill too, but I don't think it will get used much  :D
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

Shotgun

Thank you Migal & Rebecca, for your support of the Forestry Forum.  It is greatly appreciated.

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

SwampDonkey

Been too dead tired cutting brush to keep up on the forum. ;) But, great show to all and congratulations to the winners of the axe.  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ron Scott

~Ron

doctorb

My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Jeff

First of all, Big thanks To Migal and Rebecca for being the high bidders, and offering to wait until after the pigroast for us to ship it so those attending could get a look at it.  :)   Problem is, it's already on its way to its new home before I found out, due to my sick internet, so ya'll will have to fawn offer it's older brother that I have here. :)

Magicman

Migal, During your time here on the Forestry Forum, you have become a well respected and valued member and you certainly have the support of your many FF friends.  In turn, your FF support during this auction was truly a class act and I will add my thanks to you and Rebecca.

scsmith42

Migal and Rebecca, congratulations on your new acquisition, and thanks much for your support for the forum (as well as valuable contributions)!

Enjoy!!!!!

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Thank You Sponsors!