Sponsors:

Axe Women are here

Started by Alissa, October 31, 2014, 04:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alissa

We had such a great time at this year's pig roast.  And the forum just feels like home.  I have added the Forestry Forum logo to my show trailer so everyone will know I am a member. 

I hope to get the word out about the Forestry Forum as I travel around the country.  I hope FF members will come out and meet us.  I will post my show schedules in this section.

If you have questions or want to share pictures with us this will be a great place to do that.

Alissa

Wildflower

Welcome Alissa and all the Axe Women. Having you at the Pig Roast this last year was an honor and privilege. Looking forward to the next time we get to watch you girl in action. Let us know if we can ever help.
8) 8) 8)
Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

Hilltop366

Hi Alissa and welcome from across the Bay of Fundy, I have yet to make my way to the Pig Roast but by all accounts the Axe Women were a huge success.

Jeff

Welcome Alissa!  While checking out the website, I see you had a place to order a calendar up, so I got myself one. :)

I recognize Laurette who was here for the pigroast and Michelle who I got to meet at Boonville :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

customsawyer

Welcome to the forum. If you are ever in Ga. give us a shout. If you break down while your in the South let us know if we can help.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Warbird

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jim_Rogers

I saw their show at the Topsfield Fair in MA.
I posted pictures of it in the "Fair" thread.
It was a great show for sure.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

drobertson

I like the addition Jeff!  I've only seen just a smidge of what they do but it is awesome for sure,  and look forward to seeing more of it.   thanks
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

mad murdock

Welcome aboard Axewomen!! How about a rundown on your favorite tools of choice in your chosen events?  What a great bunch of FF ambassadors!! 
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Magicman

I am sorry that we were not able to make the Pig Roast this year and meet you in person, but Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Axe Women.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

trapper

It was great to meet you and Laurette at the pig roast.   Whoopie pie enter any log rolling contests yet?
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Sixacresand

We saw and met you at the Pig Roast.  Welcome to the Forum.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Alissa

Thank you all so much!! We are very excited to be here!

Alissa

Mad Murdock asked about our favorite tools.
The chopping axes we use come from New Zealand and Australia, their brands are usually Tuatahi or Keech. There's a new company making them called Brute Force now also. Our throwing axes have always been Tuatahi, but there's a new company in California called Precision Axes that several of our ladies are switching to. Our crosscut saws are mostly Tuatahi. And our chainsaws are of course Stihl!!

fishpharmer

Welcome to all you Axe Women Loggers of Maine!!   The first time I heard of you was the Pig Roast threads.  Never have seen your competitions or demonstrations.
First time to see you is on this youtube..

http://youtu.be/niQJP5hyIKE

WOW, WOW!  I would surely lose in a competition against any of you.

If your ever near Mississippi my daughter and I will be there to meet you.  Same goes for needing help.
Welcome to Forestry Forum!!

James
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

petefrom bearswamp

welcome Alissa and the other axewomen
Great vid of the QL show.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Autocar

Welcome to the forum, my wife and myself use to chop and cross cut saw, we had a lot of fun but got to old to be competive  :D I use my chopping axe to drive wedges to throw trees and our cross cuts were made in New Zealand I would have to look at the engraving on the saw to remember his name. There stored in one of the out buildings. Welcome again and look forward to seeing your show some day good luck.
Bill

5quarter

Alissa...welcome. I recall seeing a few videos of you guys in action. Way, way cool. Which reminds me, during one of the demonstrations, you guys were using modified Peaveys with what looked like a turning claw on the backside. Is that to assist in controlling the log? I'm thinking that when you flip the peavey to use the claw, the hook would tend to get in the way. But then again, I'm not using one 10hrs a day 6 days a week either.  ;) :D
Again, glad to have you aboard!
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

Roxie

Welcome to the Forestry Forum!  Y'all are fun to watch, and a real inspiration! 
Say when

hardtailjohn

Welcome to the forum!!  If you get as far West as Montana, be sure too look us up!!
I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

Tam-i-am

Quote from: 5quarter on November 01, 2014, 10:22:03 PM
Alissa...welcome. I recall seeing a few videos of you guys in action. Way, way cool. Which reminds me, during one of the demonstrations, you guys were using modified Peaveys with what looked like a turning claw on the backside. Is that to assist in controlling the log? I'm thinking that when you flip the peavey to use the claw, the hook would tend to get in the way. But then again, I'm not using one 10hrs a day 6 days a week either.  ;) :D
Again, glad to have you aboard!

here is a video of Alissa log rolling with the racing peavey.  Looks like she uses the hook as a handle.

http://youtu.be/TRGQUCL8KpY

Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

clww

Ladies,
Welcome to the Forestry Forum. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

LaneC

Man makes plans and God smiles

GAmillworker

Thank the Lord for second chances