iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A different brand of bandsaw mill...

Started by GareyD, June 22, 2005, 07:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GareyD

On my recent trip to Arkansas, was flying driving on my way up to Arky's and saw a mill for sale on the edge of the highway...being the curious type, I had to find a place to land turnaround and go back for a closer look...

After talking with the feller for a while, came to find out that he is the manufacturer of these mills...has 6 different models and has sold about 100 mills around the country...all manual mills, metal flake blue paint with a really clean fit & finish...Had almost talked myself into buying one when he said they would only trailer at around 70 mph, so I decided not to get one this trip :D :D :D

I'm not gonna post his name and information here on the forum...not real sure about the rules on sumpin like that  ;D ;D

what I saw from the highway...handles a 30" diameter and a 16 foot log...20hp Vanguard motor

operators side...excuse the hand in the pix...hadta block out the sun to stop the flare  :) :)

blade tensioner...

got 4 of these levelers...

2 log dogs and the center levelers...

I really enjoy finding places/people like this on my travels....the wife sez if I would slow down a little, I could probably find a lot more of them ;) :D :D :D
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends, if they're okay, then it's you.

Fla._Deadheader

If'n ya slowed down, you woodn't cover as much territory.  ::) ;D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

meazlejr

Some folks in Arkansas might be intrested in seeing just such a mill. ;)
Joe

GareyD

meazlejr...check yer PM'ssss

I sent ya what I have fer info  :) :) :)
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends, if they're okay, then it's you.

DanG

Garey, I assume you have beamed yerself back down to Bremen.  Is yer Darlin' Bride happy ta see them Grandboys? ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

GareyD

Yep, gettin them 2 grandson's back here and living with us again has made her a happy little camper...

Only problem I have with it is I'm gonna hafta get another job to be able to afford all the toys, day trips and groceries she is buying...how does 2 little fellers that only weigh about 80 pounds together, manage to put away about 100 pounds of food a day ??? :D :D :D

Jeff

Interesting dogs. Look like they are a cam action but slide back and forth on that square tubing for varying log size. No pickiing up and dropping in another hole. I like it.

Did ya tell him about the forum Garey?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

lamar

Is this somewhere around Ash Flat. The logo on the guards looks familiar but mind is met.green.Ive had it for 4yrs or so

GareyD

QuoteInteresting dogs. Look like they are a cam action but slide back and forth on that square tubing for varying log size. No pickiing up and dropping in another hole. I like it.

Did ya tell him about the forum Garey?

Jeff yer right on them dogs, them little mills had quite a few modifications that I really liked...and the prices he quoted me with all the bells and whistles was about the base price on an LT-15...had me tempted to drag one home ;D ;D

Of course I told him about the Forum...told him to watch for this thread, figgered it might break the ice and convince him to join :) :)

lamar...yep I was in Ash Flat...have heard that 2 fellers are making mills there...didn't have time to go lookin' for the other guy...this guy calls himself "Boardwalk Bandsaw Mills"

Haytrader

The other one is Oliver Bandmills.
I have had two of them.
Even posted pics of them dogs (can prolly be found in the archives) .
Each manufacturer clains the udder one took some ideas from thier mill.

Is this the color you have lamar?

And here is a pic of the Oliver log dog.
Haytrader

dail_h

I'm sorta perplextorpated. Lookin at them cam type dogs,how does one keep'em from droppin down whilst ya's cuttin?
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Dan_Shade

you bind them into the wood

I have a set i made up like that, they work sorta good.  there are better ways to dog a log, though, I think.

mine isn't square, though.  It attemps to lift the cant :/  i'm running a new design through my head :)
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Tom

Quotei'm running a new design through my head 
I'll bet it hurts when you do that. :D

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Haytrader

dial,

They work really well. They do not try to fall at all.
You raise them to the desired height, push up against the log and give en a quick twist and you are sawin.
You can lower and dog the wood and leave a 4/4 on the saw bed for the last cut.

Sorry, I don't have a video for ya to watch.
:D
Haytrader

Dan_Shade

the only time mine drop is when everything gets to shaking really bad, and they work loose.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Thank You Sponsors!