iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ever want to pound someone?

Started by bcraw98, October 28, 2006, 09:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcraw98

One of my girls is a college freshman cheerleader and some sick Old Guy(she says he looked a few years older than me) was following her in the Walmart parking lot and then inside the store. He was filming her with his cell phone while she walked. She informed some store employees and the sicko got away before they could lock down the store. She called home terrified and in tears and I called the police. She just finished being interviewed on the phone by them and was told to dial 911 if it happens again. I wish supposed people didn't do such things, but since they do...............I wish I could have been there.  >:(  >:(  >:(
Wife and best Friend, 3 girls and a boy, son-in-law, lots of land, horses, cows, and trees. Life is Good

Paul_H

We had a situation with my oldest when she was 16.She didn't want to tell me who it was but finally pointed him out to me in the grocery store.I had a brief chat with him in the parking lot when he came out and he didn't bother her any more.He was 2 years older than me. >:(

It sounds like your daughter is level headed and kept her wits about her,I hope the creep is found out soon.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

bcraw98

My wife Linda and daughter Mandy are going back to Walmart tomorrow to view the security tapes and maybe get a good image of him for the Police. Mandy doesn't have a super good description because she was avoiding eye contact and just trying to lose him.

Wife and best Friend, 3 girls and a boy, son-in-law, lots of land, horses, cows, and trees. Life is Good

Stephen_Wiley

Pounding,............yes; but not worth the problems

Suggest every woman should carry a camera (digital) to take pictures of their stalker while in parking lots. While he was observing her....the appearance of a camera pointed at him would either stop or divert his path long enough for her to reach the protection of others.

Your daughter did the right thing in surrounding herself in the store with employees. Might have also helped to 'act' as an employee.

" If I were two faced, do you think I would be wearing this one?"   Abe Lincoln

Bill

It's sad - my older friends tell me I need to be more patient .

yet

I don't have any patience for stalkers - guess I'll never learn . . .          ;)

Hope all goes well for you and yours

asy

It's real difficult to be patient with idiots and predators.

Hope the security footage comes through, don't forget to let us know.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

submarinesailor

If you need any help with the pounding, just let me know.  All I'll say - three terrific daughters and "been there and done that"!

Bruce

PawNature

I agree with submarinesailor, Sometimes it is just a matter of doing whats right not whats politicaly correct.
GOVERMENT HAS WAY TO MUCH CONTROL OVER OUR LIVES!!!!

Norm

My standard threat is I have a backhoe that digs 23' holes, the authorities only goes 15'.

Patty

Dads, brothers, and husbands are right to protect their daughters, sisters, and wives... in any fashion they see fit. A good pounding with a baseball bat seems like a great idea. Patience is not a virtue when it comes to the safety of our loved ones.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

jbeat

My experience is Wal-mart has the best security system and is most willing to help. Good Luck. Now for the bad news. You will likely be disappointed with the criminal justice system since the perp. and your daughter have rights but the perp. has excuses. At the least, file for a Protection Order and hope the perp. takes it seriously-it's just a piece of paper. Depending on your musical taste, the Louisville Slugger makes a "thud", the Easton aluminum a "ting". Further, if you want to continue to protect your kids from your home and not prison forget the " bat justice".
John B

Modat22

I'm still a firm believer in pounding those that need it. Childish perhaps and I don't do it like I did when I was younger. Takes me longer to heal now than it used to.
remember man that thy are dust.

bcraw98

Linda and Mandy went to Walmart today as the manager last night instructed, but they were told by the higher ranking manager working today that no way can anyone but the police view those tapes  ??? It doesn't seem the Police have it high enough on their list to make the effort, so plan B is in effect. Mandy will make sure her cell phone is charged at all times and with her(battery was dead yesterday) and call 911 if spotted. If possible, his picture will be taken. If the opportunity presents itself, he and I will have a little chat.

asy

I know this goes without saying, but I'll feel better if I say it anyway...

Don't do anything that will get you "time away from your family", however big a creep he's not worth that.

worried_asy :D

Dan_Shade

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Patty

Quote from: asy on October 30, 2006, 03:19:06 AM
I know this goes without saying, but I'll feel better if I say it anyway...

Don't do anything that will get you "time away from your family", however big a creep he's not worth that.

worried_asy :D

With all due respect, I could not disagree more. Creeps get away with their behavior because of the mentality stated above. A good pounding may just save a little girl someday. I most certainly would go to jail knowing I did the right thing and maybe helped an innocent child from a nightmarish experience.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

jbeat

bcraw98,
Ask wal-mart to at least hold the tape-they tape over after a certain lenghth of time. The guy may be under court control-predator, probationer etc.. and may be a violator simply by his actions at wal-mart. A photo is good but a veh. license no. is the best. Be the "squeaky wheel" at the police dept.. and wal-mart. If the police think you're doing their job ,and others know it, they'll jump in and help. Know that this
experience has left your daughter a more observant and careful person. Good Luck!
John B

tcsmpsi

bcraw,

I have to ask, why didn't your daughter stop and affront the guy when she realized what he was doing?  Loudly and clearly. 

My apologies if I might seem somewhat less than sympathetic to the situation. 
We are never always going to be there.  Nor, is anyone else always going to be there.
There is only ONE person anyone can ever depend on for their own protection.  Themselves.

One of the things which invariably comes to me in any self defense I class I teach (including college students...perhaps, most especially college students), is sincere thanks for GIVING THEM PERMISSION to protect themselves.   ??? ??? ???

Again, my apologies to any and all who may take offense to this, but not much burns my rope more than all the blustering after the fact of victimization.  All of that blustering energy could well have been much better expended in before the fact application of knowledge.  And, would most certainly be the most effective in curbing victimization of our children, ourselves and others.

Once one has been victimized, there is no 'justice' after the fact.  Nothing can ever change that moment.

Yes, I am a bit passionate about the matter.  But, there are knotheads lurking in all the crooks and crannies of our existence, and all indicators point to there being many more on the rise.
Yet, we seem to be so bent on expending all this time and energy on a bunch of cockamamie hullabaloo, rather than applying to each and everyone of our fundamental freedoms.  The Right to Protect, and the disallowing of others to infiltrate our space unwantingly.

Just my 0.42 worth (current economy, you know).   ;)

\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

crtreedude

A quick story.

Our daughter when she was in school was being harrassed by a punk. Her brother (Marine) and I wanted to stuff him in a trash can but she said no, she would handle it.

She wrote a formal complaint against him to the principal and said she expect him to do something about the situation. The principal did.

I would suggest your daughter file a formal complaint with Walmart saying one of their customers was stalking her. Bet you get some action. You see - THEY have a responsibility to maintain a safe place for their customers - and I bet you have a date with the police to view the tape.

After a letter like that to Walmart and then something happens - they could be in a heap of trouble and they should know it.

Lower level management will always try to do nothing - but a letter is an official document they have to handle.

just my dos colones
So, how did I end up here anyway?

VA-Sawyer

Patty,
I agree with you big time on this. Bad guys don't fear the police except when the police are actually present, and then it is only fear of being arrested and 'hauled' downtown. Some don't even fear that any more. They just see it as part of the cost of 'doing business'. As long as John Q. Public doesn't want to 'get involved' then things will continue to get worse. Does anyone remember when the lady was raped in Central Park and nobody wanted to step foward from the crowd of onlookers and stop the rape ? Shame on every one of them.  
Tcsmpsi,
I agree with you to a point. When a person is in a dark or almost deserted area and feels they are being followed or just feels threatened, it may be best for them to NOT confront, but to 'run for cover'. Either get in their car and lock the doors and lay on the horn, or head for an area with more people around and then confront the perp. In this case, with all the people nearby at the Wal-Mart, then yes, I think she could have confronted him in a VERY loud voice and accused him on the spot of stalking her.  It would still be a gamble for her as the crowd at Wal-Mart may not have been any more caring than the crowd in Central Park was.
VA-Sawyer

crtreedude posted as I was typing.... Good idea, and send three copies via registered mail. One to Wal-Mart HQ, one to the local store manager ( by name ) , and one to either the local police or prosecuters office.

bcraw98

tcsmpsi,

I agree with much of what you are saying. My first thought and question to my Wife was "Why didn't she confront him once in a Public Place?"  If it was me or others in my family, then that is probably how it would have been handled for better or worse. However, we are all individuals with different strenghs and weaknesses and a blanket statement of how someone should have handled an incident at which they weren't present and don't know the participants  is counterproductive. I'm glad your Daughters have been trained to handle this type of situation, but er um my Daughter did handle it, unharmed without formal training. With the help of 20/20 hindsight, i'm sure she has thought of things she could have done different and she will now be wiser.

crtreedude, Good idea........I'll suggest it to her.

beenthere

I agree with CR, to get the paper trail started and establish the problem. Many, many businesses now do there best to keep things in phone conversations that leave no trail.
The health profession is one of them, and a letter is something that they have to address - one way or another. A letter to Wal-Mart, a copy shown to go to the police station, and a copy to your lawyer.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

tcsmpsi

bcraw

It was only meant as food for thought, and perhaps a bit of motivation.

Which, is pretty much the explanation of anything I ever state. 

As I mention, I am passionate about that particular matter. 

In my 'spare' time, I work with victims/survivors of violent crime, most especially, family violence and sexual assault.   I have clients that I have worked with for years. 
Just as one example, I have one fairly recent client that is the sole survivor of a serial rapist/mutilator/murderer, who was left for dead.  Over the decades, I have the most intimate and confidential relationships with the worst of the worst of what humanity can become. 

I have unlimited motivation which disallows me ever to be detered in my quest of perpetuating a victimless environment.  Wherever and whenever that may be. 

It is only with the most sincere compassion that I make any statement at all. 
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

WDH

I read these posts with much interest.  I have 3 daughters, 16, 19, and 22.  It is nice to know that if I should ever need to execute a pounding, there are those out there more than willing to lend a hand.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

ely

b craw, i do not live to farr away. 2 hours at the most. if you need help chatting with someone i will be glad to help where i can. i also have a daugther in her first year of college and i have talked to her extensively about different situations. i feel sorry for the one that puts her in an awkward place. well really i do not feel sorry for them. take care of your own, she is the only one you will ever have.

crtreedude

Slightly off tangent but perhaps a good thing to comment on. I have had more than a few people comment to me that they appreciate how I treat women. I have to give credit to my Father but also to what someone told me once.

Always remember that they are some one else's daughters.

It seems to me that if guys would remember this we would have a lot less problems like this.

asy

tcsmpsi,

I must admit to being a little dismayed at your posts. I'd like to respectfully disagree with your comments.

It's easy to say "she should have been stronger" but when you're a woman, and a man is frightening you, there's two ways your fear reflex could take you, the way you know you should go (the strong determined way that scares the predator into running), or, the cower and give in way (which unfortunately is the pre-programmed way to behave).

I don't care how well you're trained or prepared, the way you behave *at the time* is somewhat a roll of the dice.

Strong people have cowered, and meek people have become lions.

I know I could tell you a story about my past, but we aren't in the boardroom (and even then I may not have), so I shan't, but suffice it to say, I'm usually a fairly strong type of person. No-one will ever wonder what I'm thinking  ::) coz i'll always tell them. But even I, who'd never had a meek moment prior to that, cowered.

I know if you'd say to me "You should have been strong", I'd be offended, and very upset.

I understand you didn't say it to offend anyone, or upset anyone, and it surprises me that someone who works with this issue would say that.

Your comment about behaving like a victim is all well and good, but at the time something like this (or worse) is happenning, I guarantee the thoughts going through your mind are NOT "am I behaving like a victim" they are "Am I going to survive this".

asy :D  (Definately not a victim).

tcsmpsi

Asy,

Yes ma'am, I am disagreed with quite a lot. 

sparks

Here's a way. It involves gloves, aiped down pocket knife and a ball bat. Walk up to him and toss him the pocket knife. Once he catches it, introduce his knees to the ball bat. Fingerprints on the knife, self defense and the guys not moving around for a while. You have a 3 hit rule now so make them count.  :D
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

sparks

Seriously now. These type of issues burn me up. I am a get involved guy. If I see a parent or anyone pounding a child, get ready for a body check. If I see a man, boyfriend or husband slapping around a woman be ready to deal with me. These are unacceptable actions that I will not tolerate. I don't back down and someday I may get me killed. We cannot rely on the law to always protect us. They are bound by laws that protect criminals as much as us. I'll take my chances my way. I try to tell women to grab the nearest person they can find for help. Hopefully they'll get someone like me and he won't get out of the store. Take one part gang member, one part child molester, one part abuser, one part drug dealer and one part violent crimainal add 30 part sulfuric acid and 20 parts dynamite. Mix well and put over a 3,000,000 btu flame. What you'll get is a safer world to live in. :)
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

crtreedude

I am a little embarrassed to admit what I normally do if there is a creep that is getting a little too agressive around weaker folk.

I shake his hand - and then hold it. And then tell him my hobby was rock climbing and if he doesn't apologize he is going to have twice as many bones in his hand...

Not much wrong in just shaking someone's hand is there...  ;D

Jeff

Sometimes its hard to quietly get rid of creeps.

However

Fred I did just that with one of my younger sisters so called boy friends (my age), lets see, about 28 years ago. Heard some things from very good sources about him and the first we met we shook hands. We never shook hands again and he was gone a couple days later. Its better if you grap them back hust a little bit farther on the hand. You get more then just fingers that way. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Murf

I used to help teach a womens self-defence course.

We taught the ladies to use that most wonderfull of attributes that only ladies seem to have.

The scream.  :o

A few years ago I met one of the young ladies who had been in one of our classes. She related how she had used that technique when she found herself in a similar situation.

She said the 'offender' was so shocked that he froze in his tracks and a few men around her rushed over and grabbed the fella till security & the police could get there.

Even if it doesn't have the effect that it did in that case, it will sure make some jerk think twice about what he's doing.   ;)

I don't imagine there's a person alive who wouldn't stop what they're doing and rush to see what was up when they hear a blood-curdling womans scream.

Best of all, every woman has one, and never leaves it at home.  ;D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Modat22

Just show the creep a picture of your sawmill and tell them that it can make man shaped steaks.
remember man that thy are dust.

asy

Murf,

I have a scream.

I have a scream like you wouldn't believe. I sing soprano, and have an exceptionally loud scream, it's been described as painful.

When you're really really scared it runs away. Not always, but sometimes, and unfortunately sometimes when it counts.

VA-Sawyer

asy,
I know where you are coming from with what you call the 'pre-programmed reaction', but proper training can overcome it. It has to realistic training. Just sitting in a group and listening to a lecture isn't enough. When it is done right, the training kicks in before you even think of it.
VA-Sawyer

james

one suggestion about sending a letter to wal-mart at the bottom have this
cc:local police
     lawyer
     D.A.'s office
     local newspaper
AND SEND THEM
wallys, the da and the police dont like bad publicity
james

Mooseherder

Great News!  Maybe this guy got rounded-up 8)
Operation Falcon III Puts Thousands Behind Bars

It`s being called the largest roundup of of violent sex offenders and gang members ever in the nation.
This week more than a thousand law enforcement agencies joined together to arrest nearly 11,000 fugitives as part of Operation Falcon III.

Attempted murder, gang activity, sexual predators and drug dealers.
The arrests were the work of  local, state and federal agencies.

Falcon III comes on the heels of the "Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act" signed by President Bush earlier this year. The U.S. Marshals Service has been designated by the act to lead the national effort to find fugitive felons.

LOGDOG

Hi Everyone. Interesting thread. Bcraw ...hate to hear about this incident with your daughter. I think it's perhaps safe to say she was "caught off-guard" with this being perhaps her first uncomfortable encounter of the sort.

I do think perhaps some here have been a bit critical of TCSMPSI's admonition. I was told once by a fairly young, black, southern woman here that, "No one does anything to you that you don't let them do." Remember she said it, not me. Now ... I understand people can be surprised, jumped, outnumbered and the like. But I had to admire her strength in even expressing it. It was clear that she was a fighter while at first sight you'd have never guessed it.

This is perhaps a good opportunity for your daughter to become aware of herself, the dangers that exist, and ways to avoid or deal with them should they present themselves. As someone who is VERY close to a victim of violent crime I too take something like this seriously. There are things she can have with her to give her some mental peace - which by the way is the first thing that perv's like this take from a woman. Have her carry mace in her purse, maybe a noise maker that operates off compressed air. They make them very small these days and are available in the automotive section of WalMart believe it or not. Remember, if the perp has his hand over her mouth, she can't scream. She could however pull her air horn out or mace. She could also keep something just inside the door of her car for protection if she needs to get there quick.

I hope none of it is necessary. Wouldn't wish an episode like that on anyone. She can stack the odds in her favor by being prepared now. One simple thing that hasn't been mentioned I don't think is for her to try to have someone with her when possible. A second set of eyes helps and can make the perp think twice.

If you ask me, women are by far the best of God's creation and merit protecting in any manner necessary. Here in Louisiana the law states that if you fear for your personal safety you are authorized to protect yourself with deadly force. I stopped a police officer on patrol in the mall to re-affirm in my mind where the line was after an incident involving someone who was Bi-Polar and threats that had been made. He made it very clear not to hesitate. The episode passed and the person faded out of our circle after I addressed her husband and informed him of my position and the fact that my wife and I both carry pistols and that if his wife made any further unauthorized visits to our home to harrass us she'd be staring down the barrel of one of them. Oh yes, psycho's can be female as well. Ask David Letterman.

But seriously, we hope she gets her peace of mind back soon.

Take care.

LOGDOG

jpgreen

Sparky, I would have pictured you with the highest tech voltage tazer available..  ;D

Lots of preditor evil vermin out to get our kids and woman. We need to step in and help. There was one occasion where I saw an older woman really misstreat a small young girl. I senced there was really something wrong there, and I'll never forget the look on the kids face as she looked at me like she needed help.

It all happened so fast I didn't really have time to do something, but I wish I would have..  ::)
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

isawlogs

I have no problems with my hand been around ones throat and squeesing if this one has done anything to my kids or someone elses kids ... none whats so ever . If doing time is the result of helping a kid out ... then so be it , I will do time .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Norwiscutter

My idea of proper training involves terms like "center mass".

"Call 911" is in my mind a very bad thing to count on.  How long does it take for someone to respond? 2 minutes?, 10 minutes?, Half hour?
Not saying you shouldn't call, but don't count on the police to ensure your physical safety.

The police provide to society the illusion of security and instill in most people the fear of a consequence for their actions.  To the common law abiding citizen, this illusion is misconstrued as being reality.  Unfortunately, many criminals have come to realize the nature of the illusion and that in fact only a percentage of offenders are actually interdicted.  This in turn gives the criminal little reason not to undertake such activities.
If the crime rate is ever to go down, there must be a stimulus to cause the criminal to think that there is a sufficient ramification for their action. Right now there isn't.  We as law-abiding citizens think that the penalties for civil discourse are sufficient enough to dissuade criminals from undertaking such an activity. The reality is that these penalties often times are only enough to keep others like us in line.

How can people count on the police to be there in time to provide physical security when everyone speeds down the highway knowing that the likelihood of encountering a police officer are very slim. Our rationalization on speeding is the same rationalization used by criminals in more serious areas of crime.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

jpgreen

The answer is you can't count on law inforcement.

I had to pull a gun on a man last summer. The one and only time I've ever done that, and I was ready to send him to his next life.  Hell probably.

Guy trespassed, and threatened me, then headed towards my wife. I ended it real quik. He went to our county sheriff's and told them I held him up at gunpoint the next day.  This was after WE CALLED 911, and the cops would not come out.

Of course, these are keystone cops in a poor remote mountain county.  Bottom of the barrel..  ::)

LedlieLogs

I'm from the south, we pound em when they earn it down here. 20 years ago my sisters boyfriend ruffed her up, I had to drive 6 hours, bail him out of jail and take care of business right out side of the police station.
Trust me when I tell you a stint in jail will leave your memory far faster than the thought of a lovedone being hurt or mistreated. Amount of time spent in jail is not important. Knowing you did all you could to protect your people will stay with you the rest of your life.
Make sure your in the right in gods eyes, the law of man will follow.
Pound em, pound good and hard so they don't forget.
The old boyfriend still crosses the steet today when my sister walks towards him, he aint forgot just yet.
PROTECT YOUR PEOPLE! PROTECT WOMEN AND CHILDEREN IT IS OUR DUTY.
Wildlife Action, GA. A great place for kids. No lights, no phone, no motorcars, not a single luxury. Just the GREAT OUTDOORS and the reason I am learning to mill and build small log cabins.

asy

What happened JP? Did they charge the guy?

jpgreen

da story about me has gotten all messed up..  :D

bcraw98

I don't want anyone to think Mandy is harmed in any way other than she will now be more wary. I think a little background info would explain more. She was recognized as being very bright at an early age and placed in Gifted and Talented classes.  Natural athlete............gymnist, Junior Olympic diver, Regional UIL finalist in many track events and tennis, all district basketball player and defensive player of the year, power lifter, cross country runner and holds at least one school track record(polevault). When this event occured, yes she was very frightened(and angry), but she continued thinking and didn't panic. At first she wasn't sure that she was being followed and cut thru rows of cars to be sure. She didn't let him know that she knew he was following her and kept him at a safe distance while being fairly confident that if it came to a foot race that she would win. She entered the store and bypassed several employees until she found two burly young employees chatting. She informed them of the jerk who then fled when he realized what she was doing. Basicly the predator had become the prey, as she had chosen the time and place if a confrontation was to occur. I would have handled it differently but i'm not as clever as her.

I was told to read an article in the Paris News which explained a similiar situation which  had occured on the Paris Junior College campus about a month or two ago. An older Jerk was filming college girls and having the pictures developed at a local store  and a suspicious employee notified the police. The police couldn't do anything about it because it's not illegal. So the girls on campus were notified to be careful and inform authorities if anything suspicious occurs. Sounds familiar.

Dan_Shade

buy her a keyring thing of pepper spray....

even though your daughter could more than like manuever away at most opportunities, it's still nice to have that crutch if needed.  there's no shame in taking the unfair advantage.....

I carry the bear sized can in my truck, i'd empty it if I had to...
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

sawguy21

We can buy bear spray and use it on 4 legged varmints but it is not legal on two legged ones. It becomes a prohibited weapon. ::) It has become popular with the criminal element  during breakins and scuffles with police. Still, if I were a woman, I think I would take my chances and use it if necessary.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

tcsmpsi

Now that more of the story has come out, seems that your daughter did a pretty good job with the situation, bcraw.  Only thing I would have reasonably added, is to stop, turnaround and right out, clearly and firmly ask the fellow what he was doing. 
Much like cockroaches, those type folks don't like the 'light of day'.  Would be helpful for her own peace of mind, perhaps future problems and give the fellow cause for reflection in taking advantage of others in that manner.

In the State of Texas, there are no constraints on the chemical dispersion units (commonly known as, Mace, pepper spray, etc.).  There are no constraints on the strength of the mixtures generally used.  Any citizen can purchase, carry and utilize. 

On the attributes of pounding, I have seen it in this thread by more than one, that a stint in jail would be well worth the 'pounding' of another.  If the 'pounding' is found to be justified, then that may perhaps be so.

However, if it is not justified, it will be much further reaching than 'a short stay in jail'.  A charge of assault, is not a frivolous matter.  All too easy for that to be upgraded to a form of aggravated assault, as well.  A conviction is a lifetime criminal record.  Many places will not hire or continue to employ one who has been convicted of a violent crime, or any crime, for that matter.   And certainly, anytime one might get pulled over and that violent conviction comes back, there is always a change in procedure.

Now, the original question of the thread, "Ever want to pound someone?", certainly is understandable, but, for some may present a bit of dilemma.   

To "pound", to me, represents generally broken bones, contusions, lacerations and generally internal shock and trauma.  However, it can also represent a more...complete application. 

Did I ever want to pound someone?  Oh, yes.  And, for example, some decades ago when I independently worked with sexually tortured and abused runaways and throwaways, and taking a much more aggressive application, might go in and take one from a 'group' darkly applying such procedures, "pounding" could become quite extraordinary.

Do I ever want to pound someone?  Most emphatically, no.  The very last thing I have any desire or inclination to do, is to have any aggressive physical contact with another human.

I began learning the finer arts of pounding before I could walk.  The world has seen fit to provide situation and opportunity for my continued education in the arts of pounding from professionals, to downright dummies, to those who do not exist.  Most of which was not from my asking.

If there is a victimizing situation in my immediate environment, then I am compelled to intervene.  And, again, the world does seem quite bent upon providing such instances from time to time.  It has been a very long time since I have had to resort physical contact, except for a couple disarming situations.

I have also seen mentioned in this thread, proclivities to provide applied energy to what would be determined as vengence. 
What I can state about vengence, is that it comes with a very high price.  I've paid it, and my one of my greatest apprehensions, is in the not knowing whether I'm paid up for what I've done, or not.  The payment for vengence is devastating, merciless, and seemingly limitless.

And sure, there is that inherent and ever-pending question of, 'what if someone hurt one of my children?'.   Frankly, I don't know.  I do not want to know.  I know the price of vengence.  But then, am I not ultimately responsible for seeing such perpetrator accountable?   And, if I did apply the accounting, where would it end?  Are not those who created the opportunity for the incident also culpable and complicit?
The general consensus is that we not put old dad in that dilemma. 

So, when I see and/or hear talk of pounding someone, from those whom I may choose to care about, I do tend to step in and put my however many cents worth into the pot.
Of course, there is always the leaning toward keeping one's thoughts to oneself until asked.  But then, there is a certain responsibility that comes with some territories.

Candidly, I know a great deal about 'pounding'.  From both sides of the fence.  I've been betrayed, threatened, beat, cut, stabbed, shot at, run over, poisoned and introduced, up close and personal, to more intent loaded muzzles than I can remember.
I'm still here.

Certainly, I can understand that my very existence can be offensive to some, but I make no apologies for that, for I've had to do what I've had to do in the moment I've to do it in.   And, I know that my particular manner might unwantingly
be less than titillating to certain sensitivities.  I can apologize for that, but there's not much prosepct for change in it.

Life is a learning experience.

smiley_divide

Thank You Sponsors!