iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got my new LogRite peavy

Started by Frickman, May 07, 2006, 09:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frickman

I know there have been lots of threads about LogRite tools but here's another one. A week or so ago I picked up a new 48" LogRite peavy from our local Stihl dealer. Wow, what a great tool! It is the best peavy I've ever used. I'm waiting for a 48" cant hook to come in also. Thanks LogRite for making a great tool!
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Frank_Pender

Hey ya, folks, I sure made a grievious error.  I did not even stop to think what I had put in this space.  Whoops.  I appologize, Jeff.  I infringed again.  Tooooo much a senior citizen, zI froget to think before I type.  I will work very hard not to mention such things again, on the Forum. :-[ :-X
Frank Pender

Jeff

For those on this side of the continental divide,  I am the Authorized ebay distributer. Just tell me to list one and I will! Plus Timberpro sells them and 10% goes to forum support!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Pete J

Hi Frickman,

I guess LogRite Blue just wasn't the color for you huh. It makes me feel good to know you remember us since we saw you in Richmond a few years back. Thanks for the kind words.

Pete

Frickman

LogRite,

I like the LogRite blue color alot. It's just that our local Stihl dealer handles your product now and I bought them off him. I'll be picking up a 36" cant hook from you at Richmond. I'm parking most of my wood handle hooks and using mainly LogRite tools.

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Jeff

There is no reason to be apologizing, absolutely none. LogRite tools is our sponsor and we want them to sell as many tools as they can however they can. If you want to apologize, apologize for changing your post then put it back.

Frickman

I wasn't apologizing Jeff, maybe it sounded that way though. I had been putting off getting some LogRite tools, and then I saw the Stihl dealer had a 48" cant hook for someone else. I'm not too crazy about mail order and internet stuff, call me old, old fashioned if you want. He looked in his catalog and ordered me a 48" peavey and 48" cant hook. It was quick and easy on my part, and LogRite and the dealer both made a sale. Stihl does not handle their 36" cant hook, so I'll pick one up in Richmond.

What really motivated me was a few weeks ago we were sawing some large diameter, tulip poplar for an order. My mill has an armstrong log turner, you know, two guys and two hooks. My helper's hook slipped out of the log and the log rolled back toward us. Someone with less than the years of experience he has might have had their leg broken. He saw what was happening and jumped out of the way. I said right there I had to get some LogRite tools, and lo and behold I saw a cant hook at the dealer the next day.

What I can't figure out, and maybe it's been mentioned here before, is how other companies could produce tools for years that really didn't work that well, and we would continue to buy them. Every cant hook or peavey I like had to be modified and reengineered from what the factory turned out. Thankfully LogRite is here now and we can buy good quality tools that do the job they're intended for.

Jeff

Not you Frickman  :), this is one instance where I should have used a quote. I was talking to Frankie regarding post two. He sells Logrite tools and he is apologizing for mentioning it.

Frickman

Yes you should have Jeff. You had me confused.  ;) ;) And that's not hard to do.

Just kidding you of course.  ;)

Isn't it something Pete remembered me from two years ago? I can't even remember breakfast.

Lud

You shoulda got the 60".     THAT'S A CANT HOOK !
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Thank You Sponsors!