I scratched the paint today !!!

Started by DR_Buck, November 01, 2014, 01:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR_Buck

Don't tell TAMIAM, because she will once  again remind me that its not paint, "its powder coating".   :D :D :D

Today I used my LogRite trailer for the first time.   

I need to change out the hitch receiver on the Gator and flip the ball to the bottom side to give it a little more lift, but other that that it works like a champ.   

I am now able to haul twice as much firewood in a single trip as I could before getting the trailer.   This thing is built like a battleship (big boat for you non-sailors    ;)  ) and handles the rough terrain in my woods without any problems.    I couldn't say that for my Tractor Supply trailer I used in the past.  The frame on it is twisted and the sides have come apart.   And, I ended up blowing out the tires just from the weight I loaded into it.   :o    I don't ever see that happening with this LogRite beast.   8)

Here it is hooked to my ATV, where the ball hitch is at the correct level.

I think this is another LogRite home run product.   smiley_thumbsup
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

DR_Buck

Day two of using the new trailer was great.   First thing I did was flip the receiver ball and gained about 7" in height of the trailer tongue.  This kept the resting riser from dragging on the ground every time I hit a bump. 

The thing I noticed most today was how much easier this LogRite trailer maneuvers in the woods compared to the 4 wheel wagon I've used in the past.    It followed the Gator  and never wandered off the path into the brush or trees that were close like the wagon did.     Another thing I noticed is how much smoother it pulls over rough spots.  The old wagon slammed and jerked the Gator.    The suspension on this new trailer absorbs all the shock and there was no noticeable shaking of the gator, even with a full load in the LogRite trailer.

I like it !     8) 8) 8)
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Tam-i-am

Dave

I don't have to remind you you seem to already know it is not paint. ;D

However, if you want to touch up your scratch Rustoleum safety blue is a close match.

Thanks for taking a look at my underside and noticing my torsion axles.  They make all the difference. :D

I'm glad you are putting it to good use.  Ours got a good work out today too.  Getting cold need more firewood!!!

Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper