iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pulled Beef

Started by Norm, February 28, 2012, 10:19:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

Since the weather's been pretty mild I've been doing most of our suppers on the big weber or my xl egg. A new one for me was making pulled beef. You use a chuck roast for the this which is put on the raised grid of my egg to brown for an hour or so and then I put it into a disposable pan with sliced onions, bell peppers, anahiem peppers, mushrooms and beef stock. It's covered with foil and then back on the egg for another hour or two until fork tender.

I then roughly shred it with a couple of forks and mix it all together then back on the egg covered for another hour or so.

By now it's very tender and ready to be heaped on a bun with some of the peppers and onions then topped with provolone. You can use beer instead of the beef stock if you want some variety.

jdonovan

Didn't know I could find egg-heads here.

We normally do pork here.

Weekend_Sawyer

OOh that looks good Norm!!!

I'v said it before, it needs coleslaw and bbq sauce.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Patty

You are right Jon, coleslaw was on the side, and BBQ sauce on top. The second sandwich, I just heaped them all together.....DELISH!  8)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Raider Bill

Ahh coleslaw on the sandwich!  Many years ago I would turn my nose to it but after being treated to one in the Carolinas I've found them to be quite DELISH!!!!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

sandhills

Quote from: Weekend_Sawyer on February 28, 2012, 10:54:41 AM

OOh that looks good Norm!!!

I'v said it before, it needs coleslaw and bbq sauce.

Jon
Now I have to disagree with the bbq sauce, that beef looks just fine the way it is, however I do like coleslaw  ;D.  That looks great Norm, let me talk to my cousins in Alaska then we can get together and see what we can cook up.  ;)

Axe Handle Hound

SwampDonkey

Looks very good. Today at noon I felt darn near starved and I had a steak in the fridge I had just thawed. I cooked that up in onions and 'shrooms, had a baked tater and also some coleslaw. The thing was though I was too hungry to even remember what it tasted like.  :-\ I think at the time it was pretty good with Bullseye sauce, went down some slick. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

I am heading to the refrigerator to get an antidote to the poison caused by reading this thread  :D.

Like I said before, Norm, the Food Board should be in the Restricted Topics area  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Woodchuck53

Hey Norm. Now that looked good. Never tried it with beef but will this trip home. Thanks for the recipe.
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

Norm

When I first got started BBQ'ing I would have never thought of coleslaw on pulled pork. Then I saw tons of folks doing so and had to give it a try, MMMM good.

Magicman

Coleslaw is also the "fixins" for a Slawburger.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

LeeB

I like slaw on a seafood sandwich or po'boy. Do any of you eat the brocoli slaw? Good stuff with blue cheese dressing. that sounds like it would be good with the beef. Blue cheese and beef go well together for me.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Raider Bill

Quote from: LeeB on February 29, 2012, 09:48:16 AM
I like slaw on a seafood sandwich or po'boy. Do any of you eat the brocoli slaw? Good stuff with blue cheese dressing. that sounds like it would be good with the beef. Blue cheese and beef go well together for me.

Dang good chewing brocolli slaw with blue cheese!!!!  DELISH!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

SwampDonkey

Quote from: LeeB on February 29, 2012, 09:48:16 AM

I grind the stuff up with Avocado and onion and add spice for a dip. Kinda my version of guacamoli (sp)  mmmmmm . ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Mooseherder

Cutting Edge

Thats some good looking beef ya got here.  Now I gotta head to the kitchen and hunt for a cure.  I'm too enjoy slaw either on or on the side.  I make something similiar, but I use the crockpot and add the veggies bout 2 hrs before it done.  Works well, and the broth/stock leftover, makes some of the best vegtable soup...live for a week off the two dinners   ;D

Majic, you are 2nd person I've ever heard say "Slawburger".  My Gram Anita in FL made "slawburgers" and the best mac-n-cheese ever.  Well all her food was top-notch.  Only persons grits I could stand too...she did something to em...I'm sure theres a trick to makin grits edible   :D
"Winning an argument isn't everything, as long as you are heard and understood" - W.S.

Cutting Edge Saw Service, LLC -
- Sharpening Services
- Portable/Custom Milling and Slabbing
- On-Site Sawmill Maintenance/Repair Services

Factory Direct Kasco WoodMaxx Blades
Ph- (304) 878-3343

WildDog

You've done it again Norm, that's good looking "Tucker". Problem is I just sat down after a big BBQ of rump steak shish-kababs (I got through 5) saw this and I am getting hungry again.

I went to a field day a couple of years ago and they served coleslaw on the steak burgers, I've been hooked ever since...lucky Nicky makes a good coleslaw. :)
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

Don_Papenburg

I am thinking that sourkraut would be the topping for that samich !!!!
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Thank You Sponsors!