iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Home Link door openers?

Started by gspren, February 16, 2024, 07:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gspren

Most people with a newer vehicle have 3 "Home Link" buttons to operate their garage doors and I use them, only problem is I wish I had 4 buttons. At my main residence I have 3 openers and I want them all to operate independently. At my vacation home 150 miles away I have one opener and now I keep an extra remote button in the SUV which admitingly isn't a big deal but could one of the built in Home Link buttons continue doing the house garage door in PA and also do the one in DE? I think I read that when you "link" a button to the door it changes something in the opener not the sender. Just a thought and with 150 miles seperation it's not easy to do a quick check. 
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

gspren

Quote from: doc henderson on February 16, 2024, 07:55:31 PMone good way to find out! :usa:
Yes but it's over a 300 mile round trip that we only make about once a month.

Larry

Going from a poor memory.

Most garage door openers (the motor part on the ceiling) have a learn button. Press the button and while the light is on press the button on the actual door opener. The motor controller will learn the code.

Having said that, there are many different types of garage door openers and they may operate differently.....or my memory may be faulty again. ffcheesy
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

firefighter ontheside

The car mirror buttons should learn from a remote.  Your opener learns the frequency from the remote.  Your car learns the freq from the remote.  You should be able to set each garage door up to use the same button on the remote.  Then set up the car to learn that freq.  I did similar for mine and my parents garage so that I could use my opener to open either garage.  I just don't have the car mirror function. 
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

dougtrr2

When I added a third stall I replaced the original two openers, so all three would match.  I also have two cars with the mirror buttons.  The set up instructions weren't completely clear on using the "learn" button.  It took me some time to get it all to work right, three openers, three remotes, two cars, more blame on me than anything else.  But it sure was fun, up and down the ladder, push buttons, one door is going up while the other is going down......

Maybe this should be in the I did something dumb thread.

Doug in SW IA

gspren

I don't have much trouble getting them set, 2 of the door openers are low enough that I can push the button with a stick but the other 2 are on 14' H doors so the opener button is about 15' up there so they require a "buddy" on the ladder while I do the ground work. My problem is having one of the doors 150 miles away.

Thank You Sponsors!