iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Coolest game on earth

Started by mad dog, March 30, 2008, 09:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mad dog

Who do you want to win the frozen four?
mad dog 78 acres,pasqualli tractor,L-15 woodmiser

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

mad dog

I"ll give you a hint,Its in Denver this year,BC is going,Maine is not :-[

Dave Shepard

If it's in anyway sports related, you could give me five thousand hints and I won't get it. ;)

I am guessing Jeff is one of the frozen four, because he's been "Froze Solid" for a month or two now. Jeff, I don't know what you are competing in, but I'm rooting for you. Hope you thaw out soon.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Warbird

I'd like to see Michigan win it but Notre Dame would be okay, too.  :)

Tom

I'm a Brooklyn Dodgers fan myself.  Are they playing?

mad dog

I'd like to see the fighting souix win , Dave its collage hockey

Tom

Warbird

Quote from: Tom on March 30, 2008, 10:51:43 PM
What's Hockey?  ;D

I feel like a pilgrim in an unholy land...  :D

Dave Shepard

What's Hockey?  ;D

Even I know what hockey is Tom! It's the game where you put all those big wire staples in you lawn and try and whack those little balls through the staples. Used to play it in high school, wish I'd gone to college, coulda been my big chance to go pro!

Dave

mad dog

Hockey is life

Engineer

Quote from: Dave Shepard on March 31, 2008, 12:19:40 AM
What's Hockey?  ;D

Even I know what hockey is Tom! It's the game where you put all those big wire staples in you lawn and try and whack those little balls through the staples. Used to play it in high school, wish I'd gone to college, coulda been my big chance to go pro!

Dave

No, no.  That's cricket. 

Ain't hockey a spittin' contest?

leweee

:D more like a pithing contest.......you pith me off ....I punch out you lights, type of game. :D

only sport were fighting is only a fine, not assault. >:(
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Radar67

Quote from: Engineer on March 31, 2008, 10:56:04 AM
No, no.  That's cricket. 

No, it's croquet.

I thought hockey had to do with bulls or something.  :)
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

beenthere

Quote from: Engineer on March 31, 2008, 10:56:04 AM
Quote from: Dave Shepard on March 31, 2008, 12:19:40 AM
What's Hockey?  ;D

Dave

No, no.  That's cricket. 

Cricket ??  or croquet ??   Guess one uses a stick like hockey, the other a wood mallet to hit the balls.
Not sure, but the game with the overgrown staples to me would be croquet.  ::) ::) ::)

(like radar67 said   :) :)  )
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Dave Shepard

Well isn't this a sticky wicket.

Dave ::)

DanG

"I went to the fights one night, and a hockey game broke out!" (R. Dangerfield) :D :D

If ya want a really cool winter game, why not try Ice Baseball?  You could play it on a frozen lake, and use a real lively ball, like a golf ball, that would go 300 yards instead of 300 feet.  The bases could be 90 yards apart instead of 90 feet, since everybody would be on skates and able to move much faster.  The batter's box could be a bed of sand, so the batter could get a good solid stance.  I bet it would be fun to watch. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

isawlogs

I thought the game one played with a stick and balls was pool, I like pool . So I got me a pool , don't you know it they turn around and filled it with water .  ::)
If you want an interesting winter game that is much fun you gotta try Broomball .  :) Only don't do what I did for the broom part ,  :-X  That sortof gets the cook and kitchen boss a little upset  :o Well she had no problems giving me the broom , problem all broke loose when I brought said broom back cut just below the stitch line ....( need the stifness to hit better the ball )   :o :o  Did not know there could be so many sparks come from such a small wimine Hooboye   :o :o I do beleive it is about that time I learned the phrase * high tailling it outa dere  *
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Tom

don't know about broom ball, but croqetts are good.  I like salmon croquetts.  Mudfish make good salmon croquetts, I've heard.  ;D  You don't have to go through a bunch of hoops to eat one either.  :P :D

isawlogs

Chicken too Tom , I even heard of a member here with a horse that has a liking to um .  ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Texas Ranger

I thought hockey was the stuff you step in, in the barn yard. ::)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

mad dog

I  went to a NHL game in Dallas,seems the fans down there liked it but the highlight of the trip was going to the rodieo, that was super!

Tom

We use to have a hockey team in Jacksonville, the Lizard Kings, or something like that.  They left.

It's not a favorite sport down here, except perhaps to the immigrants from up there.  Our sport used to be baseball, now it seems to be mostly Professional Football when people can afford it.   What with the lack of youngsters playing anything, I think sports have lost out to Television and video games.

You don't see too many kids playing sandlot anything down here anymore. Little League, T-ball and pop warner entertains a few and Socker seems to be becoming more popular.  I still don't understand that game, but the Latinos have brought it in.

Hockey might attract a few if we had a place to train more than a handful of kids.

Raising the next Generation is going to become more difficult as generations pass, unless we can get them back outside to learn some social skills.  :)

Don_Papenburg

Who eats horse croqetts?  How many will a horse make? Enough for a pig roast?
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

mad dog

why was basketball invented?

Thank You Sponsors!