iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

tomato stake prices

Started by SAW MILLER, June 18, 2007, 03:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SAW MILLER

I was thinking of asking for 8.00/doz. for 1.25x1.25x72" oak stakes.with a discount for larger quanity.Am I close to a good price?
LT 40 woodmizer..Massey ferg.240 walker gyp and a canthook

Furby

Cheaper then store prices that are in the area of $1.25-1.50 for 6-8'.
The ones I see are 1"x1" or less, mean miscuts.

WH_Conley

1.5x1.5x60 or 72"= $1.50 at my place, quality stakes, no culls they go in my kindling pile. I sell wholesale only now, the stores I sell to usually get in the neighborhood os $2.29 each. There are a few people cutting out boards up for stakes and selling them cheaper, but once I can get them to look at mine they usually buy. It's not just the cost of the wood you are looking at, it is the extra labor also. Good oak is going pretty close to what your price figures up to per board foot ($.85) if I did the math right. It takes a good board to make a good stake. Don't sell yourself too cheap.
Bill

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WH_Conley

:D :D :D. I remember that one.
Bill

DanG

I gotta go up there and get a fresh pic of that stake patch.  It's just a plumb shame the way they have let the weeds take it over! :-\
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

den

Speaking of tomato, when I was growing up the farmers would have a tomato board.
Havn't seen them since.
den
Homelite SuperXL, 360, Super2, Stihl MS251CB-E, Sotz M-20 20lb. Monster Maul, Wallenstein BXM-42

SAW MILLER

I planted a bunch of square tooth picks but they didn't sprout.I think it has just been too dry.
LT 40 woodmizer..Massey ferg.240 walker gyp and a canthook

Thank You Sponsors!