iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What is the typical price of a trailer in your area?

Started by Trailer Builder, February 02, 2011, 02:58:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trailer Builder

I am interested in what everyone would roughly pay for logging trailers everywhere around the world. We build some right up to $230,000!!! and i have heard that in some places like arkansas you would pay approx. 20,000-30,000 for an airbagged trailer with scales?????

mad murdock

I would think that when comparing trailers, you need to know what the trailer is built to, i.e. max load specs. Most states have a max load for truck and trailer of say 80,000 loaded, or in some cases up to 105, 500 lbs loaded. I know in B.C. and other parts of Canada they have those "B" trains that goe up to at least double of what most states in the US allow for GVW.  Where you are in Ozz, they have some HUGE trucks that goe across the outback, that makes our trucks look like tonka toys.  I could see where a trailer spec'ed to US DOT standards may not cost as much as one that is Spec'ed to carry a 200,000 lb load.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

BrothersMule

I work for a Pitts dealer and for a new 42' drop center depending on what setup you want can go for between $22,000 - $26,000 USD

a 5 bunk hay rack trailer 10 stakes per side 53 foot 3 axle loggin trailer goes between 45 and 55 K depending on options here in eastern canada

A 2 trailer B train unit 3 axles six stakes per side on the lead,    2 axles 6 stakes per side on the pup will set you back about  90K

in this side of canada theres no fancy lay down bunks or sliding fifth wheels. Most if not all our trailers are pulled in the same configuration empty and loaded other than lifting a few axles to save on some tire scuffing

If you are With Elphinstone, you've got some nice units. Sure wish we could pull one of those triple triples here to really make every trip count

Trailer Builder

Ok so the prices arent hugely different,
mad murdok, we build those out back trailers here called roadtrains and get this... for one unit with out the truck its almost 1/2 a million!!!! haha how would you be each unit costing a mill...

2308500, i am with Kennedy Trailers we build a different style of trailer to elpg. we know him quite well though.

checked your trailers out and from where i'm sitting you can hardly see a difference.
Awesome side dump trains as well

Thank You Sponsors!