iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Repeat Customer - New Sign 32" x 8" with Pics

Started by Busy Beaver Lumber, March 02, 2014, 03:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busy Beaver Lumber

I love it when I get a repeat customer or a referral from a previous customer because it means they really liked my work. Such is the case with this customer. Last year we made him the 16" x 8 " Camp Draffen sign

Well last week he contacted us and told us he just bought a new lake front house and that he wanted us to make a 32" x 8" sign for over his front door. He provided the text and said he wanted mirrored trees on both sides of the text and a rustic type boarder, which he also sent us samples of.

This is what I came up with. The pictures really do not do the trees justice. There is a ton of detail in them,

Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Busy Beaver Lumber

Thank you Lynn. I think they are. He has sent a lot of other customers our way with his referrals.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

21incher

Another beautiful sign that will welcome their friends to their lake house for years to come. I love your signs thanks for sharing pics.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Busy Beaver Lumber

Thank you 21incher and WDH. I really love making these signs. I could do that all day if I had enough customers to keep me busy at it. Try to learn a new skill on each one i do. This time it was the trees i put some effort into. The customer raved about the detail in them. Even gave me a $5 tip and said his mom would be calling me in a few days to order herself a sign and some of the guys at the car dealership he works for want some signs too.

Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Bill Gaiche

Very nice work. Its great that we have the tools these days to make great things like this. bg

Busy Beaver Lumber

Thank you Peter

Bill

You are not kidding. If you like this, you should see what I am doing with the laser engraver. That machine is taking my woodworking to an even higher level. We are getting very good at laser engraving pictures and artwork into wood of all types. Will have a very neat sample to show here soon that many will not only recognize but may even get to own some day.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Thank You Sponsors!