iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking for ideas

Started by Lko67, January 19, 2019, 01:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lko67

As some of you know my son pasted recently well a cousin got arrows with his name and aim small miss small engraved (was his favorite saying had it tattooed on his arm) need some ideas on making something I can put a picture on and mount the arrow on and hang on wall I'm thinking a live edge slab but don't know any ideas would be greatly appreciated thank you

WLC

How about a shadowbox?  Sorry about your son.  My condolences.
Woodmizer LT28
Branson 4wd tractor
Stihl chainsaws
Elbow grease.

FLPINERAT

Like the shadow box idea...like a case. Could get fancy and glass it.  Pics and the arrow.

An Uncle Teddy fan too I see!

Your son had great taste...march on brother

Brad_bb

I would suggest an oval slab like from a large branch knot.  You first have to figure out about how long and how tall you want it.  I just cut a couple good walnut ones the other day.  I'm going out in the snow in a little while, I'll see if I can get a pic of one as an example.  I try to keep boules of large branch knots, usually 4/4 or 5/4.  These are sequential round/oval pieces cut from the large branch knot.  
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

WV Sawmiller

I am very sorry for your loss. As far as I know the saying came from the Mel Gibson movie "The Patriot" where he and his two young sons rescue the oldest son from the British. That was where I heard and saw it  as it was what Mel Gibson told the boys before going ahead to set up the ambush that rescues the oldest son. The boys keep whispering the slogan before every shot where they destroy the Brits holding their brother. If this is the source of the saying you might use that as part of the background possibly with a movie poster from the movie or such.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

samandothers

If your son's tattoo had other figures or shapes you might could include those.

Lko67

Brad that's what I was thinking the arrow is 33 inches long. I'm thinking using some of my old antlers (tips or y parts ) to put arrow on then a picture above the arrow then maybe put some deer and turkeys on and wood burn them on. I got 15 acres of trees so should be able to find something. How hard do you think it will be to dry straight. Thank you for the responses. The case is a good idea also may make one just to see how it would look.

Thank You Sponsors!