iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

timber wolf splitter??

Started by sparky1, September 05, 2011, 09:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LAZERDAN

What kind of burner Sparky ?                    Never mind   I found it in your other post. Congrats                        Lazerdan   

Dean186

Quote from: sparky1 on September 07, 2011, 07:59:50 PM
just got a quote for the hv2  the dealer quoted me $4400.00  out the door... seems very expensive to me, I thought we were in a tough economy??   I was thinking the 2 to 3 range..

That is a big increase in one year.  It looks like I bought at a good time.  The resell values will be very good on a Timberwolf splitter IMO.   I looked for a used one for almost a year without any luck.  Very few used Timberwolf's for sale in the county at any given time.  I was using the global search feature of Craig's list. 

I did forget to mention the pricing on the Timberwolf I quoted did not include shipping.  The dealers price the shipping as a separate line item and pass the cost directly to the customer.   Shipping is what it is.  It amazes me though, that a splitter can be made in China and shipped to our local big box hardware store for $900 to $1,500 and the in state shipping cost for a US made splitter runs over $300.00 for each splitter.

Did you look at the TW-1?  How many different models did your dealer stock?   My dealer only had about 6 units.  Two TW-1's and the rest were the big commercial units.

Dean186

Quote from: peterc38 on September 07, 2011, 06:31:45 PM
Dean, thanks for the detailed review on your TW. It sure is shiny!!! Almost hardly looks used  ;D

Seriously though, TW is a good example of you get what you pay for IMO.

Peterc38,  I took the first set of photos the day after I pulled it home.  So, it wasn't used at that time.  ;D

sparky1

Dean, i only inquired about the HV-1 and HV-2.  The TW-HV1 sells for $3600.00 setup  ready to go. I emailed the guy i didnt physically drive and  check it out.
Shaun J

brendonv

TW-1's run about $2500 if i remember correctly.

Thats a nice basic splits, take a 4 way wedge too.
"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

Piston

It seems for that money I would also look at the splitfire line.  I know they are a lot different but production seems very impressive.  I don't have personal experience so i can't give a real life review, I've only researched them for many hours. 

Has anyone heard of American log splitters?  A friend of mine said he has one and it is the same build quality as TW but for much less money.  I personally don't believe that because I do think you get what you pay for when it comes to equipment like this, just curious if anyone has any experience with them? 
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

peterc38

Quote from: brendonv on September 09, 2011, 04:04:36 PM
TW-1's run about $2500 if i remember correctly.

Thats a nice basic splits, take a 4 way wedge too.

I got a quote on a TW-1 for $2500 with 4 way wedge and table grate. It might pay to shop around a little, I don't think you will find drastic differences in price, but you may save a little, for instance while the splitter price was roughly the same, one dealer wanted a lot more money for the table grate (though I can't remember how much exactly).
Kubota L4060 Cab
562XP
371XP
346XP
Fiskars "Super Splitter"
Logrite 60" Peavey
Huskee 22 ton splitter
2 Great Danes

Dean186

I wouldn't buy the TW-1 without a table grate.  My dealer almost always sold it as a packaged deal.

ken999

My brother had a TW 6, log lift, 4 way wedge...what an animal.

If you didn't have to chase the wood around (ie: stacked next to the splitter...) one guy could split a full chord in 35 minutes.

Dean186

I agree, the TW-6 would make a great splitter.  More for commercial use or the guy that has everything.

When I was searching for used splitters last year, I found a used TW-6 a few states away.  It was still very expensive and much higher priced than the HV-2 I ended up buying.

Peter Drouin

I have the tw2 . and it has been a good splitter 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Thank You Sponsors!