iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Emoticons or whatever they're called........

Started by Grizzly, October 26, 2015, 11:32:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizzly

Can anyone tell me why I can't make them work? I upgraded (maybe downgraded) to windows 10 and now when I click on one of them smileys nothing happens. I've looked at my internet options/settings and I don't see anything wrong there..........but something is obviously wrong. Any help for me?

:)  I can make that one work by typing colon/parentheses but that's it.

Lyle

2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Jeff

javascript is disabled more than likely in the browser security settings.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

clearcut

They, and other formatting buttons, do not work in the default Edge browser in Windows 10. Use Internet Explorer, Chrome, or Firefox instead.

As noted in a previous post:

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,84983.msg1300659.html#msg1300659

QuoteIt appears that Edge somehow breaks the javascript(?) that translates a click on an icon into BBCode in the editing window. Other forums are reporting similar results. I have not found a solution posted other than to wait for Microsoft to update or switch to another browser. You can switch from Edge to IE using the 3 dot menu in the upper right hand corner of the screen. The BBCode works fine. Edge has some nice features and is fast on W10. Hopefully MS will support web standards eventually.
Carbon sequestered upon request.

Mooseherder

I made a short video of the work around clearcut mentioned.   Quick and easy but there has to be a better way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9zESDdr62E

Grizzly

Thanks all.  ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8)

It appears as though that solution works!
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

LaneC

The same thing has happened to me as well.
Man makes plans and God smiles

terrifictimbersllc

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Jeff

I've been checking with the Forum software company, and as of yet, they don't have a fix for it either. No one likes that new browser.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

petefrom bearswamp

Windows 10 has slowed my laptop to a crawl, big mistake on my part to download it.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

petefrom bearswamp

A local tech guy told me to do a reset which I did this AM
Took over an hr and now I dont have any of my programs/apps/bookmarks that I downloaded.
Still is slower than molasses in January
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Mooseherder

Does your laptop have a "fix it" icon in settings under device maintenance?

Southside

You can still get Windows 7 - my hard drive died a couple of months back and there was no way I was going to Windows 10, the computer store guy quoted me $120 for a new Windows 7 installed but I managed to find my driver discs from 2010 or 2011 when I got the lap top and re-installed Windows 7. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Ianab

Win7 is still a "supported" operating system. If you have the original disks or system restore, it will still work, and isn't tied to your hard disk. Hard disk can die, buy a new one, restore the OS from the original media, and get your data from your backups (you do have some right?).

2010 (?) then Win7 goes "End of support", the same as Win 98 and XP already have. You don't want to be running it online after that. It will still run, just it wont get security updates, and you can be sure there still a few security holes in it.

If you don't want to run Win 10, and are just doing basic stuff online, then you can install Linux (like Linux Mint) that has all the basic software you need built in. Chrome, Libre Office, GIMP photo editing, etc. All free software. That's what I'm running on this machine now. I have a Win10 machine as well for work stuff, but my preference is this machine with Linux.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Kbeitz

Quote from: Southside logger on February 16, 2018, 11:27:25 PM
You can still get Windows 7 - my hard drive died a couple of months back and there was no way I was going to Windows 10, the computer store guy quoted me $120 for a new Windows 7 installed but I managed to find my driver discs from 2010 or 2011 when I got the lap top and re-installed Windows 7.

$20.00 on E-bay...
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Thank You Sponsors!