iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What did you get for Christmas?

Started by Jim_Rogers, December 27, 2018, 03:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Rogers

So, what goodies did you get for Christmas.

One of my favorite gifts is work gloves.
My wife got me a nice bag full of both winter and summer gloves for Christmas this year.
I love these useful kind of gifts.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Magicman

Very nice Jim, very nice indeed. 

A standing joke in our family is that you can never go wrong getting a man a knife or a flashlight.  Yup, I gave and I got.  :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Don P

This time of year she can't go wrong getting me flannel lined blue jeans or a flannel lined workshirt. After the umm, unfortunate welding fire, I got both :D.

Southside

Got a 1 gallon Yeti cooler, just in case it ever gets warm again . ;D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

thecfarm

Mostly clothes to keep me warm. I spend alot of time outside.Socks too. Jeff will like that.Good socks are a must.
A nice corn hole game.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

lxskllr

Clothes and a bunch of sweets from my mother. My favorite gift I gave myself. It's the chainsaw I bought over summer, but wasn't sure I'd keep since I basically already had the exact same thing, but with a longer bar. Decided to keep it so I could have a saw at work. Got it going over the weekend, and the shorter bar really balances nicely on that saw. Makes the whole thing feel lighter.

sawguy21

Too much to eat. :D If I want gifts I have to buy them but at least I get what I want.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Brad_bb

Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Ljohnsaw

A little before Christmas I got myself a corner chisel and made a handle for it from a maple table leg.

And I got myself a sound bar for our big TV.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Corley5

Murphy Cup hydrometer cup from Smoky Lake for testing maple syrup.  Won't be too long and it'll be that season ;D

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

olcowhand

Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

Dakota

Dave Rinker

Ed_K

Double bevel miter saw for me an a windshield cover for rita.
Ed K

Jim_Rogers

You all got some nice stuff.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Jeff

Quote from: thecfarm on December 27, 2018, 07:34:09 PM
Mostly clothes to keep me warm. I spend alot of time outside.Socks too. Jeff will like that.Good socks are a must.
A nice corn hole game.
We had our Christmas on Wednesday
:) I got two pair of Dickie's kevlar socks from my daughter.

A few Christmas's ago I gave my son an empty simple green cleaner bottle stuffed with 100 1 dollar bills.  He remembered that, so my gift from him this year was all wrapped in zip ties and gorilla tape then wrapped with Christmas paper. As I'm struggling to get into my gift, I look over and he has unwrapped the gift I gave him. A Gerber multi-tool. He smiled, but then gave an odd smile to Brandy his girlfriend, who gave him the same look back. I eventually freed my gift from its wrappings and guess what it was? The identical Gerber Multi-tool!  We got each other the exact same thing.   I sent him a text yesterday that said "Are you coming to terms yet?"  He replied "with what??"  I wrote back "That you have started thinking just like your dad!" :D :D  

Tammy and I got each other a new pet.  A Shark.  One of those cordless vaccums. I really like the thing. She also got me a new book. I stuggle still to read for very long due to my vision, but with a pair of 3x readers and short stints Ive got a good ways into it. Its an outstanding book called The Final Frontiersman: Heimo Korth and His Family, Alone in Alaska's Arctic Wilderness.  If you have ever watched the series the Last Alaskans, Heimo and his wife Edna are featured on that show. Written well before the t.v. show came to be. I recommend the book as well as the tv show highly.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Mooseherder

We used to get underwear and socks boxed up in other boxes when we were kids.
Somehow my grandson knows this. :D
no not this - YouTube

alan gage

Quote from: Jeff on December 28, 2018, 10:35:57 AMI stuggle still to read for very long due to my vision, but with a pair of 3x readers and short stints Ive got a good ways into it.

My dad used to read a lot but it got to the point where it just wasn't comfortable anymore. He bought a kindle about 6 years ago and has been reading like crazy ever since. He says it's much easier to read off the screen and he can adjust brightness and font size. Likes waking up in the middle of the night and being able to read without turning on a light and bothering his wife. I think his favorite part is having a unlimited number of books at his fingertips. He can search for any subject he wants, check reviews to see which might be best, and start reading.

I read that book on Heimo a few years ago. It was enjoyable. If you like that you'd also like On the edge of nowhere. Amazon.com: On the Edge of Nowhere eBook: James Huntington, Lawrence Elliott: Kindle Store

Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

SawyerTed

I got my wife hers and his kayaks.  So I got a kayak. :D

She got me a new smoker and a sound bar for the TV.

And this for the next 5 or 6 Christmases.....

Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

DPatton

Quote from: Jeff on December 28, 2018, 10:35:57 AM

Quote from: thecfarm on December 27, 2018, 07:34:09 PM
A nice corn hole game.
We had our Christmas on Wednesday
:) I got two pair of Dickie's kevlar socks from my daughter.

A few Christmas's ago I gave my son an empty simple green cleaner bottle stuffed with 100 1 dollar bills.  He remembered that, so my gift from him this year was all wrapped in zip ties and gorilla tape then wrapped with Christmas paper. As I'm struggling to get into my gift, I look over and he has unwrapped the gift I gave him. A Gerber multi-tool. He smiled, but then gave an odd smile to Brandy his girlfriend, who gave him the same look back. I eventually freed my gift from its wrappings and guess what it was? The identical Gerber Multi-tool!  We got each other the exact same thing.   I sent him a text yesterday that said "Are you coming to terms yet?"  He replied "with what??"  I wrote back "That you have started thinking just like your dad!" :D :D  

Tammy and I got each other a new pet.  A Shark.  One of those cordless vaccums. I really like the thing. She also got me a new book. I stuggle still to read for very long due to my vision, but with a pair of 3x readers and short stints Ive got a good ways into it. Its an outstanding book called The Final Frontiersman: Heimo Korth and His Family, Alone in Alaska's Arctic Wilderness.  If you have ever watched the series the Last Alaskans, Heimo and his wife Edna are featured on that show. Written well before the t.v. show came to be. I recommend the book as well as the tv show highly.
Jeff, 
I really like to watch Heimo and Edna. He is such a gentleman and the type of person I strive to become. I feel so in touch with this show and what it stands for. Steph and I look each other in the eye on a regular basis and swear we would give most anything to experience their lifestyle. I'm not at all sure we could make it but what a way to live!
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Chuck White

I love "The Last Alaskan's" show, and watch it whenever I can catch it!  I didn't know there was a book!

A hard life to live, but at the same time, the most rewarding!

Heimo and Edna are so soft-spoken and don't get all wound up over the little things in life, they just keep going!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

trapper

When we for sawing for him my stepson noticed I was missing the knob for the up down lever on my mill.  For Christmas he gave me a new one he turned on his lathe. 
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Roxie

Say when

Mooseherder

He loves Raisin Bran just not that day.
There was a Paw Patrol Blanket inside the box.  :D

samandothers

Sawyer Ted the truck bed looks good on the truck!

Y'all kayak on Blues Creek or Dan River?

I got an Echo CS 620!

SawyerTed

We've been power boaters for nearly 30 years.  All this time the Doc (my wife) has asked, "Can we go over there and see what's there?"  Invariably it as been a shallow cove or marsh.  So she decided a kayak was what she wanted to explore the shallow spots.

We have taken the canoe on the Dan River many times but more often tube the river.  It's only 8 or so miles to the put in.

We go to Belews Lake a dozen or more times a year but with the motorboat.  Kayaking will be new for us.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Thank You Sponsors!