iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

love and hate in the forest

Started by nas, March 16, 2009, 08:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nas

I found these trees in the woodlot I am cutting cedar in

White eastern cedlock? (white cedar and hemlock)

Whitellow cedirch? (white cedar and yellow birch)

The last picture is a knife blade stuck in what I think is a black ash.

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

tyb525

Too bad they can't form some kind of hybrid. :)
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

SwampDonkey

Not much snow in your neck of the woods nas. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

DanG

The trees seem to be getting along nicely, for the most part.  I guess somebody caught that Black Ash runnin' around with their Sweetgum, eh? ;)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

WDH

Sweetgums are bad about being prolific :).

Nas, great title for a thread ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

nas

I think this one eyed bandit did the knife job, but he's not saying anything

Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

WDH

Yes, we better keep an "eye" on him ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

fishpharmer

I figured them trees were cold.  Thats why they was hugged up together. ;D
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

okie

Theres a hackberry-honey locust growed together like that in the woods where I'm cutting now. Really caused me to do a double take when I was skidding a log by it. I'll try and get a picture of it, it is really interesting where the two knarlly barked trees join together.
Striving to create a self sustaining homestead and lifestyle for my family and myself.

WDH

When the bumps meet the thorns :D.

Left Coast Chris

Those love hate relationships can take allot of attention.  Especially with a cyclops involved...... :D :)
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

DanG

This is a good Forestry lesson for us all.  When you see a one-eyed tree begin to salivate, you'd better cover your Ash.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

tyb525

LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

dnalley

Thank You Sponsors!