iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Gritzzzzzzzz.

Started by thedeeredude, January 08, 2006, 09:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lud

My wife was born in Northern Italy and she makes a fine polenta.  Won't she be surprised to find out she has been doing gourmet Snozberries!

She'll  do a shrimp in brown gravy over the polenta-  sort of a Shrimp Etoufee ala Snozberries! 8)

Do you cut Snozberries with dental floss like she does her polenta?  Or are they wetter?
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Skytramp

Carful thar, someone above this Mason Dixon line that runs through my backyard, could, I say could, quite possably mistake fig neutons for G-R-I-T-Z  and then all H-- would break loose;
Skytramp;

Just trying to head off a catastrophy.
Growing old is inevetable, Growing up is optional

Modat22

someone is really looking for something to do today...  :D

grits grits
remember man that thy are dust.

Jeff

Suddenly this thread has gone from another boring pickled porcupine poo testimonial to some down right good smile provokin readin! I recommend it from the begining!

Disclaimer:

At some point this thread will revert to its old boring pickled porcupine poo theme. :-\
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Modat22

this is all a conspiracy to give grits a bad name and gritty reputation.
remember man that thy are dust.

Murf

Looks like some sort of mid-year "it's gotta hold me till Yooper night" kinda silly-bration.  :D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

sawman

B ack to the grits. This morning I took my wife out to breakfast for her birthday. She wanted to go to Cracker Barrel in Cape Girardeau, MO>
  We went and lo and behold there on the breakfast menu items grits was included with their specials.
  Well I thought about it for awhile and I thought to self, there sure is a lot of discussion and debate about these grits on the forum, think i'll have to try em.
  Well I tried em, and i like em. Watched wifey do hers and she put three little paks of sugar on hers and stirred it in ever so gently, and I did the same.
  Only thing I got to say about grits is they are GOOD. IMHO
  Just remember this is the first grits I ever ate in my 46 years.

A new grits convert.

GO GRITS  ;D ;D :D :D
'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

thurlow

Quote from: sawman on January 14, 2006, 01:35:13 PM
B ack to the grits. This morning I took my wife out to breakfast for her birthday. She wanted to go to Cracker Barrel in Cape Girardeau, MO>
Well...............I've eaten at several Cracker Barrels numerous times.   They project themselves as folksy/down home (Uncle Hershel's breakfast/SAWMILL gravy.  I have found the food to be........mostly..........acceptable and they're always right there beside the interstate.  But, have you ever tried the "homemade" chicken and dumplings?  If those things are homemade, the cook should receive 40 lashes with a wet noodle.  I've had homemade (even made them myownself) chicken and dumplings;  believe me,  that a'int them...........................
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

woodbowl

Watched wifey do hers and she put three little paks of sugar on hers and stirred it in ever so gently, and I did the same.

A new grits convert.
GO GRITS 

Don't understand ........ just don't understand!
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

sawman

Watched wifey do hers and she put three little paks of sugar on hers and stirred it in ever so gently, and I did the same.

A new grits convert.

GO GRITS  ;D ;D :D :D

Should have read, (watched her put three little paks of sugar in her grits and she stirred it in) etc.

smiley_blush smiley_blush :-[ :-[ ::)

Guess I better watch how I type things eh?
OH well, me n her got a good laugh off dat one.

WARNING:  DO NOT HAVE ANY DRINKS NEAR YOU WHEN READING THINGS ON THIS SITE   KEYBOARDS CAN BE IRREPABLY(sp) DAMAGED

:D :D :D
'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

Kirk_Allen

I was introduced to Grits by my Grandparents when I was 6 years old.  Gramps said you got to eat them.  There good for you and they support the farm.

Didnt quite no what that meant till the last road trip to south.  While cutting with Tom, his customer,Mr. Billy got to talking about Grits.  Said the first time he had them he loved them.  Had a local dinner that had them all the time and just had to know where they got them they was so good.  Finally he asked.  PARIS, Illinois!   :o  

Well that just happens to be 12 miles east of my place. The grain elevator in town is known by ALL farmers in these parts.  Now I got to go down there and see about picking up a 50lb bag of fresh Illinois GRITS!   8)  Had no idea they packaged grits at that mill.  

Man, Im getting HUNGGGGREEEEE just thinking about it.   8)

GO GRITZ!  Support the American Farmer!  

Thank You Sponsors!