iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Spring Time = Crawfish Time

Started by Magicman, March 30, 2013, 07:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Yup, it is that time for sure.  Pat and I were in a local market this afternoon and the sweet smell of boiling crawfish was unmistakable.  OK, package 5 lbs of crawfish plus the boiled corn and potatoes for us.  When we started eating we realized that 5 lbs was not enough, but it was all that we had.

No pictures because when I thought of the camera, I was already elbow deep in mud bugs, and there was no stopping until the last one was peeled and gone.  Maybe next time.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

I miss that for sure now that I do not travel to that area any more :-\.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

I was so sorry that member "gspren" missed the crawfish season when he visited us and then traveled to South Louisiana.  Crawfish were on his "bucket list".

These that we got today were really small.  They should be nice in about another 3 weeks. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WH_Conley

There must be a trick to peeling them things. My BIL brought 35 lbs back from Louisiana last year, the only time I ever had them. I liked the taste, but soon figured out I would starve to death if that was all I had to eat.  :(
Bill

Buck

:D I know what ya mean Magicman. I boiled three sacks last week. I didnt think of a camera till I saw your post ::)
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

rooster 58

Hey MM, can i come down next year? I'll bring leeks ;D

Magicman

:D  Come on.  You eat da leeks, and watch me eat da crawdads.

rooster 58

Aww, Ya'll gotta try leeks :D   Just don't try to kiss your bride for awhile ;D
      And I must try dem crawdads :)

Texas Ranger

Eating mudbugs is simple, first ya got to cook 'em, other wise, they are hard to keep on the plate.

Twist the tail, place meat side of tail in mouth and grasp with teeth, squeeze its little tail, pull out meat, suck liver from body.  Discard and start over.  There is a more basic description, but this being a family place, I let some one else talk about it.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Magicman

There is an alternative way of eating um that doesn't include eating da inside parts.  Dat's my way.   :)

Tim Lea

Man I'd Like to have some mud bug.. They are good good !!!!

Thank You Sponsors!