iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Post Oak?

Started by E-Tex, June 28, 2019, 09:05:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

E-Tex

Customer brought these logs to me.  He didn't know what type oak.  I was thinking Post Oak..... but the leaves just look a little different.  Is this a Post Oak, or other?  Thanks

LT-50 Wide, Nyle 200Pro Kiln, Mahindra 6065, Kubota 97-2 / Forestry Mulcher 
L2 Sawmill LLC

Magicman

Posty Oaky to me.  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

timberking

WDH

No.  It is overcup oak.  Also a white oak. The deep "C's", cut into the leaf toward the midrib, on the lower part of the leaf are diagnostic.  Overcup is a bottomland species but it is being widely planted as an ornamental in cities. 

They get large.  I fopund the Georgia Champion in the Flint River bottomlands.  It is almost 6 feet in diameter and over 130' tall. 

Virginia Tech Dendrology Fact Sheet
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

E-Tex

Thanks Danny for the Overcup ID.  Here's what the innards looks like:

LT-50 Wide, Nyle 200Pro Kiln, Mahindra 6065, Kubota 97-2 / Forestry Mulcher 
L2 Sawmill LLC

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!