iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Sawmill Video

Started by 123maxbars, January 17, 2017, 09:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

123maxbars

I haven't made a good/decent sawmill video in a few weeks due to furniture orders. I took the camera with me this week and filmed the sawing of the old barn logs that I posted on here about species identification. I am pretty sure they are pre blight chestnut. Thought you all would enjoy the video. Took a long time to edit this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCKjgO9sU_4

Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Brad_bb

Did you wand them at all?  I always wand reclaim (and I still hit some nails).  Good vid.  Is it your wood or cutting for someone else?
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

123maxbars

Yes I check for metal best I can but still have some hiding deep in the log that the detector doesn't pick up.
They are a customers logs. He makes reclaimed beds out of the lumber. Some nice stuff.
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

YellowHammer

Very pretty wood. 
I'm amazed that such an old log would still have so much stress in it (@2:16 minutes), seems like it should have sawn more like a limp noodle. 
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

WDH

After seeing the video, there is no doubt that the wood is chestnut. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

carykong

brianb88

Always enjoy your videos. Thanks for sharing.
Measure twice, cut once

Thank You Sponsors!