iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cornish Game Hens

Started by pappy19, April 11, 2013, 07:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy19

I love Cornish Game Hens, in fact, they are my favorite bird. I usually just season them and bake them at 375 for about 45 minutes, rest them for 10 and then partake. I have also split them then marinade in Italian dressing and cooked on the BBQ. I am wondering if anyone has another method I could try. Thanks-

Pap
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

Norm

Try deep fat frying them just like you would a turkey but they cook fast so keep a close eye on them.

pappy19

That sounds good Morn, I'll try that. Anyone southern fry a game hen? I always wondered if it would be any good.
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

Sonofman

I have not southern fried any, but I was in the grocery earlier today and they had some on sale. I think I will go back and get a few and try them on my egg.
Located due west of Due West.

Ocklawahaboy

Fried hens are much better than fried turkey, IMO.  They take less grease too.  That and the gas grill rotisserie are my favorites.

limbrat

season the outside the way you like, then skewer them through the sides and hang in a bread pan with 1.5 cup of water a sliced lemon and a branch of rosemary. bake @ 350 for about a hour. when thre done cover the birds and let them set, pull the rosemary and toss it cook the dippings down on the stove and season to taste i like more lemon right at the end. split the birds lenght wise and pour the sauce over them.

paw paw would cook goat expecialy necks that way untill they literly fell into the pot it was so good.
ben

Thank You Sponsors!