iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Did you Know?

Started by ARKANSAWYER, September 04, 2006, 07:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARKANSAWYER

Did you know that Knuckle Boom Loaders were handy to have around the log yard?   Did you know that if you had a flat it will pick up the side that was flat?   Did you know that you can use the grapple to break the bead on a old tire so you can put on a new one?  Did you know that if you chain around the rim to the out riggers you can rip the tire off the rim?  Did you know that it helps seal the bead and hold the tire while you air it up?   Now you know that KB loaders are more useful then just unloading and moving logs.

ARKANSAWYER

DanG

If you have ever chained a wheel to the outrigger of a log loader and ripped the tire from it with the grapple, you MIGHT be a redneck. ;D :D :D :D

I gotta get me one of them fancy tire changers.  It could even be handy around the log yard. 8) 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Brad_S.

Only another Southerner could tell that joke and live to tell it again later. ;) :D
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Percy

Quote from: ARKANSAWYER on September 04, 2006, 07:00:50 PM

Did you know that Knuckle Boom Loaders were handy to have around the log yard?   Did you know that if you had a flat it will pick up the side that was flat?   Did you know that you can use the grapple to break the bead on a old tire so you can put on a new one?  Did you know that if you chain around the rim to the out riggers you can rip the tire off the rim?  Did you know that it helps seal the bead and hold the tire while you air it up?   Now you know that KB loaders are more useful then just unloading and moving logs.

You can crack walnuts with them too. Also you can pick fly poop outta pepper with a little bit of practise ;D ;D :D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Swede

I had a Scania-55 from 1962 with a nuckle bom loader+grapple until 2 years ago. It was the time before I started sawing for customers. Used it for all kind of lifting machines and other heavy stuff but most as an excavator. After building the house and the workshop there was 6-7000M3 I wanted to make a lawn of.
Most people with forest here has a tractor 50-100 Hp with a logtrailer and a nuckle bom loader.
A log truck here always has a 24´bed with beams/poles and a Kn. B. L. for 1 ton or more at rear end. All of them has a trailer the same type 40´long and load/unload them selfes. Most of them are Volvo or Scania with 400-600Hp.

Swede.
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

iain

I use mine to open cans of coke, not tried it on logs yet  :D

iain

Chris Burchfield

I think it would be great for harvesting watermellons here in Tennessee. Maybe pumpkins too. :D :D :D
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Timburr

Arkansawer, you're still learnin' the capabilities of your new toy then :D

I aint no redneck, but I've de-beaded many a tyre with the outrigger jacks whilst turning the wheel with the grab rotator.

Some agricultural uses...... Quickest tool for unloading big-bale hay and straw off a truck.....Best equipment in the world for building bonfires, without the ground mess....Safe way for plucking silage sheet ;D and other debris out of trees....Stone/boulder picking....With a clam grab fitted for emptying slurry pits....Timber framing and hiding stuff on flat rooves :D :D

Percy, I hope you've got some DanG good glasses for that delicate task :D :D
Sense is not common

Gus

Please don't tryt this at home children!!!!!

We used to break the bead on a skidder tire with the loader  and then reset the bead with a "little" ether and a match.           smiley_safety_glasses

The key word here of course is " little".   ::)

Gus
"How do I know what I think unless I have seen what I say?"

ARKANSAWYER

I have used the KB loader to raise timber frames.   The only problem I have had opening the cans of soda is getting some one to hold the can while I swing the grapple around over their head.
ARKANSAWYER

leweee

:D :D :D "Run Forest Run" :D :D  :D
  (picture a young Forest Gump holding a soda)
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

sawguy21

Quote from: Gus on September 05, 2006, 07:59:50 PM
Please don't tryt this at home children!!!!!

We used to break the bead on a skidder tire with the loader  and then reset the bead with a "little" ether and a match.           smiley_safety_glasses

The key word here of course is " little".   ::)

Gus

:D :D :D :D :D :D Gets real entertaining if ya overdo it.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!