iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I Massacred A Little Doggie Today

Started by Burlkraft, September 14, 2006, 04:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

Beenthere came out today to do a little swing millin' and we were havin' a pretty good time.......Right up until I said, "Looks like we can get another 6 X 6 beam out of this log." ;D ;D ;D

I set up the cut and told BT that we were all set and he should go for it. Not too long after that I heard that horrible sound. It wasn't steel it was aluminum...Thanks to Jake..It didn't wreck the blade, but it took off a few tips. :o :o :-\ :-\ :-[ :-[

The really funny thing is I had just measured 3 of them to see if they would clear.......It was the DanG 4th one that got me.

Somebody has to keep Country Saw in business ;D ;D ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

sprucebunny

That's sad.  smiley_furious3 How hard are you kicking yourself :D

At least it was aluminum .

Glad you guys had a visit even if the excitement was expensive  yikes_smiley
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

beenthere

SB
We were having a good time. Impressed me with the sawing of the Peterson mill Burlkraft has.  Haveta be more careful when he says "go for it".  :)  I didn't like that sound of cutting the doggie.  Then Burlkraft proceeded to show me how the blade comes off, how well a new blade cuts, how quick a 6x6 is sawn, and how easy he moves the logs in and the 6x6 cants out (slings on his loader forks). 

When I got home, I didn't want to wash the red oak smell off my hands. I like it  :)

Fun day, and the weather was great after four days of rain (3") and no sun.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!