iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I would like a little input

Started by peter nap, February 15, 2009, 08:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberfaller390

I know several old timers that made their fortunes in land and cattle speculation coming out of the depression. Maybe we'll be seeing some good opertunities to make some money as we come out of this depression(they still are not calling it that but get real) Of course around here bootlegging always helped to suplement their farm income.  ;D
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

John Woodworth

Be careful and check the enviornmental side of things around any waterfront of stream frontage, the enviornmentst  like to dictate policy and you could be stuck with part of the property you can't touch.
Two Garret 21 skidders, Garret 10 skidder, 580 Case Backhoe, Mobile Dimension sawmill, 066, 046 mag, 044, 036mag, 034, 056 mag, 075, 026, lewis winch

Ironwood

Good input John, I hadn't thought of that.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Chico

IF i were to do it I would buy in appalachian and norhern reigions unless I found a very good stand of cypress and I would really look at quality more than stem count  Good logs will almost always sell I would also check around to see if there had been any insect infestations of any regularity and Also remember doesn't matter when you sell it location will be a factor also  I would look more toward White oak red oak walnut and ash also cherry  God luck 
Chico
My Daughter My sailor MY HERO God Bless all the men and Women fighting for us today If you see one stop and thank them

Thank You Sponsors!