iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Log Master LM1

Started by running elk, March 26, 2017, 06:03:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

running elk

Absolutely love my Log Master LM1. I've had it three yeas now and it's been the best investment I've ever made.

Solomon

Time and Money,  If you have the one, you rarely have the other.

The Path to Salvation is narrow, and the path to damnnation is wide.

thecfarm

running elk,welcome to the forum.
Log Master LM1? Hyd, what kind motor,hp?
I have a Thomas,made right here in Maine. 20 hp Honda on it,manual mill. I have my own trees to saw. I only saw for myself. I would like to do a chicken coop and a sugar shack and finish the siding on the Woman Cave this year. This year will have to have about 730 days in it.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

dgdrls

Welcome to the forum,  when I first started to look for a mill
I looked at the LM1  pretty stout looking mill and have read good things
about them. 

Do you saw for yourself strictly or for other as well?

D

Jeff

Welcome Running Elk!  What Solomon says is a B.F.L. He can figure out what that means, but the last initial standing for UNTRUE. No one here is treated differently because of the product they own. If they think that, the problem is in thier own mind and actions.  Never be afraid to be proud of what you own. The only time it gets someone in trouble is if they are here intentionally trying to advertise or try to bash someone else's brand. That is frowned on.  I really don't know what Solomon's problem is, but he has unfairly represented the Forestry Forum and it's membership to you. NOT GOOD.  Solomon, I DO NOT appreciate the slap in the face with the sponsor remark. Not one bit. Your remark is the kind of thing that separates one from the membership, certainly not how you make sawdust.

And by the way, Cooks IS a sponsor.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ga Mtn Man

Welcome to the forum running elk.

Yes there are a few members here that only see the world through WM orange or TK coral red (or LogMaster yellow for that matter) tinted glasses, but the vast majority of us just love reading about and seeing pictures of (pics are especially appreciated!) sawmills and sawmilling, no matter the make or color. 
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

WV Sawmiller

Elk,

Glad you are happy with your machine and getting good use out of it. Always glad to hear from a happy sawyer.

Solomon,

I don't think you are going to get much criticism from others on the mill who own other types of mills. If you were to ask me a question about your mill or make a comment I'd be less likely to respond simply because I am not as familiar with the design and could not help. That's not saying I don't like or respect them. I can tell you I am happy with mine and the support I get. I hear similar reports from other owners of the other reputable mills - several brands whom are sponsors and some who are not.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

drobertson

I sawed side by side with a fellow that owned one back in 08'. Big heavy machine, he was happy with it. Yes we did race at times, it was fun and good for upping production. With that said, both mills, my wmz and his log master experienced a few hiccups at times, this too got to be funny, it never was at the same time, so when I was on the phone he is cranking and grinning at me,  ya pay back can be fun! He got his medicine too, we laughed at the end of the day.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

jaygtree

welcome to the forum. i haven't heard of logmaster so i'll be checking them out. i love my mill too. that's how you should feel whether you have a wm, cook's, tk etc. you can learn so much here. ask any question and you'll get plenty of answers and opinions. that's what i want when i ask. well, off to check out logmaster.  jg
i thought i was wrong once but i wasn't.   atv, log arch, chainsaw and ez boardwalk jr.

Bruno of NH

I don't have a mill from a sponsor of the FF and have never been treated bad by anyone.
I ask a question and I get an answer and a lot of great advise from people willing to help :)
Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Percy

Heya running elk. Welcome. Glad you are happy with your purchase. Some folks here  get a tad caught up in brands of mills and such. Sawing is what it's all about and avoiding those type of debates has served me well here. Run what ya brung👍🤡
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

running elk

Thanks everyone love the forum has lots of valuable information in it. I have been building a shed and barn to cover my mill. When I get to the office I'll post picks of it. For some reason my phone won't let me do that.

shortlogger

I own a log master Lm 1 and have had it for 6  or so years with no problems it even survived a tornado .
1 Corinthians 3:7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase . "NKJV"

tacks Y

I bought a LM3 a couple months ago. Hope to start going over it this week. A very large and heavy mill but I do not plan on moving it around. Some mill owners on here a very devoted to there make of mill. Every one I have looked at has its good and bad but I have not done this long. Still on the beginning of the learning curve.   Good luck 

Solomon

Jeff

You need to work on your personal perceptions.  Cool reception.  So sorry. Your perception, your problem.
Remove you from the forum? Huh? Your idea, not mine. Another screwed up personal perception.  Separation from the membership was a comment on your interpretation on how you feel that you have been treated here. Nothing to do with removal. I won't dice words on something like that. I had to look back and try to figure out where the hell you got that one. The separation is created by you, in your own mind.

Bfl?  stands for "Big fat lie". Your interpretation? WRONG AGAIN. telling a new member that they won't be as welcome because of what equipment they may or may not have was out of line.  I'm not just "an administrator". I am the owner and founder. You decided to step in mud on purpose and then walk across my carpet. Don't think when that happens that I'll ever not point it out.

99% of the members on here, I could not tell you what they even own. BECAUSE I DO NOT CARE. IT DOES NOT MATTER. Saying one is treated less as a member because they don't own a sponsor's Product?
UNTRUE.

You didn't speak any truth. All of this mess stems from your publicly expressing your misinterpreted personal perception of the Forestry Forum as fact.  Here is a truth, I had no clue who you were or what you had until you posted this. We have 30,000 members. We all can't know or remember everyone. I can say now, I know you now.  This all reminds me of a new kid in the neighborhood moping around the house complaining "Mommy, no one will play with me".  GET OUTSIDE AND MAKE SOME FRIENDS THEN!

If this makes you feel better, maybe better late than never, but I doubt it,
Welcome to the Forestry Forum  Solomon!

Jeff

Solomon, as a heads up, you should never put such personal contact information on the open forum. This site is continuously scanned and probed by foreign entities hoping for just such info. I highly recommend removing it. If someone needs it, give it to them in a pm.

tacks Y

running elk, Hope all this did not scare you off? 30K here and all good. So did you buy your mill before they went belly up or after?

Jeff

Ditto on the scaring off. Pay no attention to the uncalled for chaos. ;)

Solomon

Thank You for that Jeff,  I will remove that whole post right now.   :P
And contrary to what you may believe, I like you.
You have a set of B@&&$ almost as big as mine, and I respect that.
Heck, they might be the same size for that matter.
And thanks for that warm welcome , glad to be here.
Hold on to that email and phone number, if you're ever in my area , look me up.
I'll buy dinner and drinks and provide acomadations.

running elk

It was after they reopened. They just moved down the road a few hundred yards.

MrMoo

Running Elk, very glad you like the LM1 they make a good machine. I have had an LM2 for 13 years and I am very happy with it. It does what I need.
I did not know they reopened I am glad to hear that.

Solomon

The last time I spoke with Herman, He told me they were only building the LM1, but what seems like yesterday, could have been a couple of years ago.  You know how time slips by.
Do you guys know if they are building the whole line of mills again ?
I think I will give them a call, I need to order new guide bearings anyway.

running elk

I dont know if they build any others, I was in there a few days ago and saw several LM1's.

Percy

From what Ive read, the Woodmasters blade is hydraulicly driven. Does this mean you can experiment with blade speeds all the while, keeping the engine in the sweet spot rpm wise??
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

running elk

The LM1 is belt driven...not sure of the other models.

MrMoo

The LM1 is the only mill shown on their website.
I am also glad to hear Herman is still involved in the business. He always razzed me about living in a cold place like NH. If I called in the winter the first thing he asked was how cold it was. Always gave me a chuckle.

Thank You Sponsors!