iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Northern project 2019 Date set May 4th

Started by Bruno of NH, February 04, 2019, 02:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Without question if PatD and I were closer, we would be there.   move_it fly_smiley sail_smiley wheeliechair whiteflag_smiley
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Sixacresand

Quote from: Bruno of NH on March 17, 2019, 10:24:42 AM
To all the Southern folks
Spring time in New England is beautiful  :)
We are looking forward to our trip to New England.  
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

crowhill

May 4th, all goes well 2 of us hope to be there, (my wife and I). Should be an interesting day!
TimberKing B-20, Kubota M-4900 w/FEL with tooth bar, hyd thumb and forks, Farmi winch, 4 chain saws.

Jeff

I would really like to come and the curved wood class makes it really a bummer that I can't. I would love to take part in that.  I've been trying to get to Jake's for years and this year things came around to where I can commit to doing it. Problem is I cannot do both. I wanted to go to Logrite's open house as well.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bruno of NH

I wish we could figure a way. 
Curved wood and the others are great folks
It's going to be a blast
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

petefrom bearswamp

Yippee my atv weekend is April 25,26,27
So I am back on track.
If we need to bring food I will bring Bob's Red Mill gr**s

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

A-z farmer

This sounds like an exciting gathering.
The Mrs and I will bee there on May 4th.
Bruno let us know what we can bring from food to lumber .Ido not understand all this talk of grits ,
We have always given grits to the chickens so they can grind up their food in their gizzard.
Thank you 
Zeke 

Weekend_Sawyer

I'm really thinking about coming to the event, for lunch at least!

I have some friends in VT to visit and some business to attend to too.
If I can get it all lined up I'll let you know.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

petefrom bearswamp

6 hr drive according to google.
I will need to get close on the 3rd.
Motels in the area?
Is there a set agenda?
Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

Bruno of NH

There is a Motel in New London NH 
That folks stayed at the September sawing benefit for me.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

terrifictimbersllc

We stayed at the Lamplighter motel in New London last fall when we went to Bruno's.  Not expensive, we liked it, would stay there again.  
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

Bruno of NH

The itinerary is
May 2nd-4th the curved wood build
8'x12' curved building 
If enough folks come there might be some odds and end sawing I need help with for the building on the 2nd and 3rd
The 4th 8:00 start meet and great
9:00 saw up some slabs and I will show how I make it FB market place ready. 
1:00 lunch
The curved wood build will also be going on.
I'm working on a demo or 2 off some equipment. 

Husky

Ed_K

I have some tapped hard maple logs I'd like to send up to Bruno. Anyone have ideas? I'm hoping Rita an I can come on the 4th depends on meds an how I feel.
Ed K

curved-wood

Day 1
Built the floor on floating blocks. Raise the wall using stick framing technique. Giving theory about stick framing using  the book : Canadian Wood-frame House Construction publish by the Canadian Gov and free on line.

Day 2
Build a curved roof ridge with pine board. Technique how to get smooth curves. Put up the roof structure including the bracings.

<br

Day 3
Put the board on the roof. Techniques how to trace and cut the edges curved. Put the asphalt shingles and how to put it because of the rain running in 2 directions.
Depending on the weather and the number of participants, we will try to put the bulging siding, a very simple technique. Here is an exemple of curved edges

Bruno of NH

Ok folks I'm in a pickle 
I went out and sawed today.
It didn't go so good very slow.
So here is the pickle part
I want the curved wood build to happen. 
At this rate I will never get the list sawn out. 
I have most of the logs.
Is there someone near me that I could pay to bring their mill in to help saw the list with me.
I'm going to go to Pete's to buy (4) 6×6×12 hemlock for the base as I don't have hemlock logs that long.
I'm not looking for a free-b 
Bruno

Bruno of NH

The sawing would be pine boards
Hemlock,spruce and fir 2x4x8 and some 2x4x12
The 12' stuff I will cut the logs off my lot

beav

I could probably help. However:
My driveway is in the midst of mud season. We could sneak it out some morning after a freezing night. Sposta do that next week.
My truck is dead, someone else would have to haul it.
I could walk the saw head back and forth but I will need help off bearing as I am a physical wreck.
I still have some blades Peter gave me after the fall shindig, I could cut for a very favorable rate.
I live about 15 miles away.
I would like to help and it would give me an excuse to witness Claude' s magic

Bruno of NH

Beav
I can come get your mill
And get a helper and get you more bands

beav

Awesome!! Didn't all those little details melt away! I wrote down my phone # on the guest list you had last fall. Gonna be fun...

Jim_Rogers

Let me know what day you're planning on doing it and I'll see if I can come up and help as well.
Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

beav

I think we should have a project for the pre-project project!

Bruno of NH

Hi Folks
My Mother  (Jackie) was down today and wants a count on the food for the May 4th lunch.
I would like to get this firmed up.
I will try to get a post going like they have in the southern project .
Bruno

beav

Thank You Sponsors!