iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Labor Day

Started by Magicman, September 04, 2015, 09:49:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

This has never been a holiday that I thought much about, but Pat and I plan to enjoy it at the Cabin this year.  A couple of steaks on the grill sounds nice for tonight.
I do not know of any family that plan to come, but if they do it will be even better.   smiley_love  or  smiley_gossip  or  bon_fire
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Raider Bill

I'm sharing mine with a drunk Irish chick on the back of my Shovelhead :D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Ron Scott

Will be camping with wife and family members at a private campground near Sleeping Bear National Park at Empire, Mi.
~Ron

drobertson

There will be a small amount of sawing in the morning, but after that it will be a little river time, and some bbq, I'm thinking a butt roast with hickory smoke,, yea that sounds pretty good, tator salad of course,  and wishing all you folks a happy and relaxing week end,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

goose63

Raider bill I might have to get my old 1977 F L H and join ya  8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

isawlogs

Its fair time around here, Shawville has a really nice agriculture fair thats on over the weekend, nephew has his horses in the pull and we plan on being there on sunday. Pulls start at noon. I'll try and remember the camera and git some pictures of his horsees.  smiley_horserider
  Putting a small cabinet together for my son hope to get it to finishing today....  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

sandhills

Usually we try to spend part of the weekend at the lake with family and the wife goes to Pitzer's horse sale with friends but with renovating, moving, etc. we will be too busy this year.  We set Sept. 13th for the moving date so the heat is on, we may make it there for an evening of fishing and a night at the cabin though, I'm really tired of flooring  ;).  Today is our 5 year anniversary so I plan on taking her there for supper tonight, more important than the rest of it  smiley_love.

Marcel, any chance of a video?

gspren

I will try my best to avoid labor.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

SwampDonkey

Went an a little trip up around Mars Hill Mnt, on to Easton, then Preque Isle for dinner at Bonanza, then down through Mapleton, Patten, Island Falls, Houlton and home.  ;D Not too far and nice trip.  8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

isawlogs

Quote from: sandhills on September 04, 2015, 03:27:21 PM

:o  Video.....  Maybe a nephew or a neice can take one, I'll stick to pics, that enough technology for me .  :-\
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

sandhills

Quote from: isawlogs on September 04, 2015, 03:56:55 PM
Quote from: sandhills on September 04, 2015, 03:27:21 PM

:o  Video.....  Maybe a nephew or a neice can take one, I'll stick to pics, that enough technology for me .  :-\
Yep, I know the feeling  ;)

WV Sawmiller

I think I'm spending at least part of my LD loading and stacking the winter's hay for my horse and my wife's mule (I got it for her for our 20th wedding anniversary - I am just too good to that woman). Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable time with lots of family and friends around.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

woodmills1

for me it will be a labor day....so far behind.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

tmarch

I'll be shoveling and moving dirt, had new water lines ran for the place and have to get em covered so I can load yearlings on the ninth.  Hope it cools off a tick, this ol'fart ain't much on shoveling in 95 degree weather. :(
Retired to the ranch, saw, and sell solar pumps.

timberlinetree

With all these birthdays I thought that's why its called labor day :D.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Banjo picker

I am just about to plant one of my pastures in rye grass.  If you gona have rye grass in Mississippi, it needs to be planted by Labor Day.  I would have already done it but its just been too hot.  Gona geter done before it gets too hot since I don't have to go to work for the state today.  Hoping for rain about middle of the week.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Magicman

We are finally coming up for air.  In addition to the normal eats, we ate out one night and then we worked on making some Hot Tamales and a couple of Smoked Turkey Legs disappear.

There is always work to be done at the Cabin and some of it actually got done, but we also tried to have some lazy time.  That along with getting stung twice by red wasp.  :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

Quote from: woodmills1 on September 04, 2015, 06:37:11 PM
for me it will be a labor day....so far behind.
I hear this loud and clear, it was mowing, weed eating and house washing, but the finish was the butt roast! 8)  and yes it fell apart, a very gentle salt and pepper rub with a very light hickory smoke.  4.65 lbs lasted all but two days!  My son and daughter in law to be really like it :D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Raider Bill

Saturday we took Chubie for a 150 mile ride. She's getting the hang of it. Likes to ride with her paws on the handle bars and look out the windshield. She probably got her picture taken 50 times.

Sunday we rode about 100 and went to a pig roast. Get a hundred Bikers together with mountains of food, drinks and entertainment, you got a party!! The hog roaster saved me the jaw meat! DELISH!!!!

Monday was a day of rest. Went to the movies and saw A Walk In The Woods. I'm not much of a movie goer but having read the book I had to see the movie. As usual the movie was not as good as the book but.... It was hilarious! Nick Nolte had me cracking up pretty much through-out. Many of the views they show are breathtaking. Reminded me of riding the Cherohola Sky-way between Tenn and N.C..

This dish is fresh caught shrimp, Scallops, and crab with tomatoes in a cream sauce over linguine

Pizza, Pizza!!!

After a weekend like this I spent Sunday evening in the hot tub sipping wine and winding down.

Just because..
Sunset over the Gulf of Mexico

This is a shot of a rocket they sent into space last week from across the state. Sun coming up behind it and a clear morning made for a beautiful pix.

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

sandhills

Man, folks around here sure know how to eat!  Our Labor day was spent with family helping us clean the "new" house so we can get moved in this coming weekend, our meal the day we move is my prize.  A good friend of ours is bringing his smoker (it's built on wheels  ;D) for the pork loins and my aunt, sister, and several other friends will provide salads.  I did tell the chef if he cooks he gets out of moving duty, he said it sounded like a fair trade  :D.  He's actually a doctor but he and his FIL built the smoker and so far have done pretty good with it in competions (locally), and we use it for church dinners and events which usually turns out being a lot more fun than work, I just got the loins so we can slice them rather than having to pull pork.

Thank You Sponsors!